turkish bayonet markings
and of their frequency vis a vis the bayonet types, I thought I'd put out a plea - SS, will you please provide an nicely accessible catalogue / listing of what you have so that others interested in the topic can - if possible - take it a stage further? And … There are wild variations in the scabbards, and scabbard studs, found on the Model 1935 bayonets.

dailyinfo[31]='2688559 Guardsman Frank WAKELIN 2nd Bn. The one I saw was in a pretty ropey condition and so I passed it over for that 7th Manchester 1888 and a nice Greek Y 1878 with the adapted muzzle ring to fit the Mannlicher 1914. "Highflyer." trajan, 6 April , 2014 in Arms and other weapons, Shipping steel asked me recently about my ‘Stack of Turks’ (http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208823&hl=stack&page=2 post 28 with 30), all those Turkish bayonets I have collected over the past 3 years or so, and most of which await cleaning and conservation, and so are not really suitable for presentation in this forum… But I thought I’d start to show a few of them, not the least because there are some bayonet collectors out there on GWF who might not know about the bayonets the Turkish army used in WW1! In this set of drawings are a group of images that Show all the Revision (Inspection) markings found on this … Of course, any surrendered Kar.

KUMASI MEMORIAL Ghana' 1945 to 221343: 21,000 rifles. According to Dennis Ottobre, M1935 bayonets were modified this way for use with both the U.S. M1 Garand and the Greek 6.5 mm. WAIUKU PUBLIC CEMETERY New Zealand' var mydate=new Date() It has the broad plain crosspiece. This model name was assigned by the US firearms companies that began importing the surplus Turkish Mausers starting in the 1970's. dailyinfo[13]='236191 Private Alfred WARD who died 13/11/1920 1st/1st Bn. Royal Garrison Artillery GLASGOW (CRAIGTON) CEMETERY United Kingdom '

The USA reportedly provided 312,430 M1 rifles to Turkey under the Military Assistance Program (MAP), beginning in 1953 and ending with a final shipment of 5,000 in 1972. First, Weyersburg, Kirschbaum & Cie, the most common maker, with actual example and Carter's drawing of this (w/o date at the bottom, and with artificially wider separation between the two lines): And this is the Simson mark, with actual example and Carter's drawing of this (again w/o date at the bottom, and with artificially wider separation between the two lines): Here is another nice Weyersburg mark on a 1903. //-->, By before thinning out to it's point. dailyinfo[27]='610669 Corporal Joseph Daniel PAVEY 19th Bn. - but they were not really bayonet makers, more shotgun and rifle guys. Royal Air Force BASRA WAR CEMETERY Iraq' Both of bayonets are marked ASFA, which means "Askari Fabrika", or military arsenal/factory in Turkish. – you can build up a nice collection of these lesser known WW1 bayonets. Yes, it's a screw, and exactly where it should be, on the right side of the bayonet for a P.1907. They subcontracted with Ames Manufacturing Co. of Chicopee Falls, Massachusetts, for their manufacture. It has a 20–groove, convex, green plastic grip. The bright black scabbard on my second bayonet, is a replacement scabbard, of the German type, that has been re-stamped with the matching bayonet serial number and is not original to the bayonet. I have a complete set of photocopied blueprints of the well known Turkish Model 1903 rifle, of which over 200,000 were made over a 5 year period. The photo is from my collection, I think! Basically, every Turkish bayonet is unique, providing nearly endless variety for the collector. dailyinfo[17]='CH/12047 Colour Sergeant Joseph Emanuel VALENTINE who died 17/11/1920 Royal Marine Light Infantry ABNEY PARK CEMETERY United Kingdom' dailyinfo[16]='Lieutenant Colonel Harrie Reginald LEVER O B E who died 16/11/1920 M.T. "Niobe" Royal Canadian Navy HALIFAX (FAIRVIEW LAWN) CEMETERY Canada' Bayonets from Selected Countries of the World updated March 4, 2008: Help us keep this Identification Service alive. 2nd Bn. Remembered Today: Along with the ASFA stamp, both bayonets … Proceeds and commissions from these sales - in part - go towards the purchase of additional reference materials and acquisition expenses. The ‘M.1903’ scabbard fittings also have a Turkish “Crescent Moon” marking and the scabbard fronts of my two have the Turkish ‘bikini-mark’ on them (see e.g., http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161354&page=5 post 111) Note also that both of the two scabbards I have for these bayonets are broken/split/damaged just before the chape at the bottom. dailyinfo[2]='12108 Private Innes Camillo GIRI who died 02/11/1920 Military Labour Corps ROOIDAM MILITARY CEMETERY South Africa' i looked for another relic that i excavated in 2006, back then it was in bad shape, now it's a pile of small pieces.

document.write; an example of a K'Kale marked rifle that was clearly dated 1939 and had a serial Closeup of the M1 conversion from the front of the crossguard. rather secretive about it. Most K.Kale marked receivers that are obviously rebuilds are from 1940. Researching the First World War in the Palestine Front. We recognise their continuing connection to land, sea and, Main Bld: First World War Gallery: The Anzac Story: Gallipoli: Anzac The Landing. 2014 in very small numbers. i suspect that this is an ottoman bayonet because of the shape and because of this photograph from the library of congress (matson collecion). Thought it would be useful to resurrect this thread to place on record for identification purposes actual examples alongside Carter's drawings for the markings used by WK&C and Simson on these P.1903's.