tera term user manual
How do I configure Tera Term 4.60 for serial communication? Checkout source code by using TortoiseSVN software. Q. A user configures the user's shell settings to disable sending the control sequence for the window title changing. Please read books and magazines or ask the network administrator. If these parameters are omitted in the command line, the default values are taken from the Tera Term setup file. This software is open source software under BSD License. [Commit ML] Q.

Q. In most cases, I can not answer this kind of question because I don't know how the key works. Projects of developing add-on modules which support ssh and SSL are in progress. When will the next version be released?

Serial port functions of Tera Term are for non-PPP connections and nothing to do with the PPP connection.

No problem. If you know what character (string) should be sent or what function should be performed by pressing the key, you can make the key work by editing the keyboard setup file. See "Numeric keypad".

A. The font is scaled to fit the size of normal character font. You can define shortcut keys for the following functions by editing items in the [Shortcut keys] and [VT function keys] sections of the keyboard setup file see also KEYCODE.TXT): [Shortcut keys] Item in the Function Default key Also, e-mail the translated file to us. Where can I find the latest version? [Snapshot] Q.

And snapshot is here. [Download] How to configure the keyboard? A. Enter the host name or IP address at the [File] New connection dialog box.

But, this setting is disabled (forced to "Character at a time" mode) when following situations: In any connection mode other than telnet and SSH, the above condition is not met and therefore, "Line at a time" mode is enabled. To prevent this behavior, try either one of the following two methods: Network configuration of your PC. Log replaying. This is Tera Term Pro 2.3 succession version and is being officially recognized by the original author. Depending on the scaling factor, this mismatch problem may occur. QUICK GUIDE USING TERA TERM FOR THE FIRST TIME 1. Configurable maximum number is in the following: A. Q. I can not connect to a host. However, a user can check next version contents. However, there is a possible problem that a connection is forced to Telnet mode when a character of '0xFF' is sent from Tera Term, it will be echoed back and is recognized as Telnet command. If you have a request to Tera Term, please post to Feature Requests of ticket. //-->. When critical problem like as security hole is found, new version will be released at the timing other than periodical release.

Tera Term is a free software terminal emulator (communication program) which supports: Serial port connections. [Users ML] A. Please check the following things: Please do not ask the author how to configure network properties. A. Tera Term uses only fixed-pitch fonts such as "Terminal" and "Courier" because characters should be displayed with equal spacing in order to emulate the VT terminal properly. A.

Next, the serial console is connected when the serial cable is inserted. So Tera Term does not use proportional fonts. For the Delete key, turn "Delete key" on (this may not work in some hosts). This problem can be avoided by changing TelAutoDetect in [Tera Term] section of configuration file as follows. In the case of PPP connection, the serial port is controlled by the PPP connection utility. Anybody who would like to participate can participate. Tera Term now supports for "Line at a time" mode from version 4.63. It is the interface between Tera Term and add-on modules. Q. Tera Term automatically closes when I logout a telnet host.

See "Delimiters of a word selected by double clicking". Please report bugs to Bugs of Ticket. New feature not including the release version will be written.

Q. Can I utilize screenshots from Tera Term? To disable COM buffer cleaning, edit the ClearComBuffOnOpen line in the [Tera Term] section of the setup file like the following: In the default setup, Tera Term displays the warning message "Disconnect ?" 4. How to set the Backspace or Delete key to work for the backspace function.

However, a user can check next version contents. Q. The "at" command of Windows NT does not work for executing Tera Term. View source code with web browser and download ZIP/TAR archive. [Development], . At the point of Mar 1998, no add-on module has been developed. Q. I can not enter "/", "*", "-" and "+" by using the numeric keypad. Tera Term Help Index; MACRO for Tera Term; Support. TEK4010 emulation. To disable font hiding, users should go to the Font Settings page in the Fonts CPL and no-select the "Hide fonts based on language settings" check-box.