skyrim wildcat vs smilodon

That said, the stagger-lock, ugh! I prefer Wildcat over Smilodon. For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on the Xbox One, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Wildcat versus Smilodon" - Page 2. I tend to forget these exist, which is probably a good sign. We ask that you please take a minute to read through the rules and check out the resources provided before creating a post, especially if you are new here.

Press J to jump to the feed.

I believe either Mortal Enemies for Oldrim or Vigor for SSE both solve the issue of fast weapons applying damage too early in their animations, before it was applied as soon as the animation started, now it takes .2 seconds for even the fastest of weapons. I really want to like this feature, but it's too punishing in it's current form. I prefer wildcat, I actually read mod descriptions so I never had to download smilodon. I'm hoping someone else knows.

I'm not gonna tell you how to play, but doesn't changing the settings for different characters kind of ruin the whole point of it? The timed block is actually an engine thing. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Welcome to /r/SkyrimMods!

If attacks cost stamina, and stamina regen delay is long, you essentially constantly consume stamina and never regen it. Hello everyone!

), After this, I tried every other combat mod (Combat Evolved, Vigor, et al) and after playing with Smilodon none of them quite measured up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. I would just like to know if they conflict and what it's like using them both ect. Stagger is also sometimes used for cinematic effect (dragon fights, escaping from a crumbling building etc.)

I'm tempted to just pave over Wildcat and continue with Smilodon. would be nice if Edda had an off-switch. My stamina just seemed to be empty all the time, even if don't use any power attacks. :). If you start your block right after the enemy starts his attack, the attack hits before your block animation finishes, and though you block the attack, it doesn't count as a timed block.

Dodging by moving backwards tends to be too easy and effective compared to blocking and bashing, this balances that tactic at least a bit.

Why is Wildcat controversial while Smilodon is not? I picked wildcat because I wanted to mess around more easily with it, and wildcat has an MCM menu while Smilodon doesn't. I have very overpowered builds that requiere injuries to balance the gameplay, with the regular characters I simply disable the hardcore stuff.

a great challenge but doesn't bring the heavy punishment as Wildcat and as far as Smilodon, I have not had chance to check it out BUT Wildcat is very popular to a lot of players :-} I haven't tested Wildcat stamina costs on a high level character, maybe the experience would be different than on one with only 100 stamina.

Otoh, maybe most people like Wildcat... Q: Aren't you on break?A: I am, I have only 1/2 day now and 1/2 day in two weeks.

:), Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest.

I feel like you should just adapt your playstyle at low levels to accommodate all the hardcore features until you reach the point where your character is so OP it barely matters, not just give yourself a crutch because the game's gotten too easy. PSN: reidy16982 Other PSN: Da3boys-RDB.

Some other combat mod I used a long time ago (Deadly combat perhaps?)

Anyone use them? PC SSE - Mod.

We are Reddit's primary hub for all things modding, from troubleshooting for beginners to creation of mods by experts. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY.

Smilodon is very similar to wildcat though.

Wildcat makes the gameplay too hard, Smilodon is like a milkdrinker version. I like Wildcat because is customizable trough MCM.

If you don't plan on using the injury system or messing around with the settings much I think Smilodon is a good choice. But, can I activate Wildcat features in Smilodon? The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed.

Only way to get a timed block on that attack is to predict it before it starts. Perhaps a random chance for immoblizing stagger, that gets higher as your stamina gets lower?

Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. It's almost the same, smilodon is more light weight though and doesn't have the injury system.

King of the FFXV PS4 board. Smilodon has all the things I liked about Wildcat, and it maintains some stagger, but I can block hits again. It's a non-element to me, which just shows that I must not have liked it. I think injuries could be a useful punishment for player mistakes and give the player feedback on how their play needs to improve or to use a different strategy. They were good, but they were too noisy (too many visual effect cues), and I never liked injury systems. It has the same customisability of Wildcat, just with no stunlocking.

I don't want to see the normal backlash of people freaking the f out when their favorite mod is no longer available for download. Also some draugr shouts that should be minor threats (and get spammed accordingly) become near insta-kills with the stagger. Playing mgo 3 started on October 6th 2015 -??? Probably not wise, but i keep Wildcat below Smilodon in my load order just for the wound system. I like what you mentioned about injuries adding diversity to combat.

All that allusion goes to show you is that Smilodon is that much more polished, which isn't entirely surprising since it came after Wildcat.

There's no middle-ground with Wildcat, and I enjoy Smilodon's streamlined process more. In wildcat, melee combat is made more powerful to compensate, while in smilodon archery is made less powerful to compensate. I like Wildcat, I use the injury system religiously. When you die in Wildcat, you die in real life and also most people seem to hate injuries. Perhaps the movement speed penalty could be higher. Wildcat is pretty punishing..how's the other? I use Ordinator, so I don't need a separate combat mod for timed blocking. The game calculates damage before a melee attack even finishes, so rather than the block window bring "start of enemy attack to end of swing", it's a lot narrower. ps.

I may have to try Wildcat and Smilodon. What I have read about combat mods, you can only have 1, if more than 1 then one of them will overwrite the other depending on load order.

where immobilizing really shouldn't happen.

why did you pick the one you use?

And which doesn't trigger on blocked attacks. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

This system makes me feel like I'm forced to get a stamina absorb enchantment on my weapon, and I want to avoid that enchantment as it pretty much removes stamina as a mechanic from the game. I always laugh when i receive a head injury while casting Destruction magic. Still wondering about this.

Faster animations can mitigate this to a point. Both have bows do 25% less damage, but only if you have the realistic damage plugin. But it took me 5 minutes to port Smilodon, lol.

The value tweaks are probably nice, but they're something one never notices, and I wouldn't install a mod just for them.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Fm20 Best Strikers, Skin Growing Over Stitches, Jophiel In The Bible, Smita Jaykar Age, Harold Varner Witb, Viro Rides Vega Charger, Franz Joseph Height, La Zafra Noticias, Israeli Army Diet Recipes, Kangaroo Marinade Worcestershire, Stewart Parvin Partner, Deric Mccabe Home Before Dark, Rude Monkey Gif, Usrt Vs Vnq, Custom Ui Fivem, When To Leave Big 4 Tax, Canberra Pr Point Calculator, Fujikura Atmos Orange Vs Black, Ark: Crystal Isles Best Spawn, Violet Evergarden Introducing Herself, Used 12 Foot Aluminum Boat, How To Dribble In Wii Sports Resort Basketball, Smart Roadster Gearbox Upgrade, Dhgate Nfl Jerseys Reddit, Floyd Patterson Wife, Costco Spinach And Cheese Ravioli Recipes, Mopar Tuning Shops, 200 Crunches A Day, Sacha Kljestan Net Worth, Aldrick Rosas Wife, Funimation Login Issues, Bmw M44 Upgrades, James Perse Wikipedia, Feature Article About Poverty, Stealth Knife Baton, Sticky Party Up, Bob The Builder Reboot Theme Song, Design Of Aircraft Corke Pdf, Dodie Clark Age, Who Funds Poynter Institute, Wallykazam Season 5, Ertugrul Season 5 Episode 28 (english Subtitles), Siberian Husky Food Recipes, Marlin 1894 Lifter, Calories Burned Climbing Helvellyn, Paw Patrol Pups Save A Roo Dailymotion, Titles For Running Essays, Red Rooster Jacksonville Al, Ryan And Liddia X Factor, Loss Of Pregnancy Symptoms At 10 Weeks, Cold Winter 2020, Listen Afl Live Radio Perth, Second Life Wedding Vows, String Of Words App Answers Book 1, Opaleye Size Limit, Poseidon Modern Day References, What Does Hella Mean In Greek, Justin Sylvester Age, Ffxiv Weapons Gallery, Hawks Mha Cosplay, Terex D600 Dozer Specs, Kendrick Rogers Contract, Roger Barton Son, Nhl Pack Simulator 2020, East Pond Bungalow Colony, Ib Past Papers By Topic, Wayne Lewis Atlantic Starr, Polisse 2011 Streaming, Black Ish Season 6 Episode 13 123movies,