sierra 69 gr tmk load data

Now with a BC is as high as the 80 grain bullets from Sierra and Berger.

Wow.

When their 69 and 77gr TMK hit the market, I emailed sierra tech support. In my testing, i also found an accuracy node at 24.0gr that was equal to 25.3gr, however, the velocity was measurably less, though not a huge margin (maybe 100+fps if i recall). The 155 has only 1 BC point advantage over the current 155. Sierra MatchKing (SMK) vs. Sierra Tipped MatchKing (TMK) Ultra-High BC Sierra MatchKings in .223, .264, and .308 Calibers; Sierra’s New 95gr .224 SMK and other Ultra-High-BC MatchKings; Great Sale on Sierra Bullets at Precision Reloading; New Official Load Data for Latest High-BC Sierra MatchKings ALL Bulletin content is copyrighted, © 2020 AccurateShooter.com. Sierra has diffirent data for a bolt gun I found. This morning a shooter was using the 175 tipped 30 caliber bullets from his f-class rife at 600 yards.

I really like the looks of, the 69 gr TMK, with a BC of, .370ish, for my upcoming, .22-250 AI, 1-9 tw ! Most of the big BC gains are from the reshaped ogives from the legacy SMK product.”, Share the post "NEW Tipped MatchKing (TMK) Bullets from Sierra", Tags: Ballistic Coefficient, BC, Match King, MatchKing, Plastic Tipped, Sierra, Sierra Bullets, SMK, Tipped Match Bullets, TMK. SBT 165 gr.

One thing is the new 77 needs a 7 to 8 twist and may not work in all 8 twist barrels. Going to start at 24.5 and do 3 of each till 25.5 if there are no pressure problems to the naked eye or acuuracy gets bad at certian point i will stop. Kicking and screaming into the last decade of the 20th century….

So far so look’s like a great bullet. Also the recoil at this charge weight *feels* like a stout NATO M193, but lacks the velocity by a couple hundred FPS depending on your barrel length. The new “Tipped Match King” in the 155 gr. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); But that is changing with the introduction of Sierra’s line of Tipped MatchKing (TMK) bullets featuring green acetal resin tips.

for boat tail bullets when G7 much more closely approximates the form?

I have had great success with 24.5 gr of varget, 69 smk, LC brass, and cci primers. Gun still had full operation, cycling and lockback.   Your link has been automatically embedded.

Until now, plastic tips have been reserved for other Sierra projectiles, such as BlitzKing varmint bullets. They shot very very well holding half X-ring elevation, no flyers. Most have settled in on the 24-25 range.

I chrono out at 2880-2890 FPS. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I know my rifle likes 23.5gn of Varget under a 69gr SMK. Looking forward to testing them in the spring. Use same brass manufacturer, weigh cases. As an ‘inactive’ Across the Course shooter, I’m eager to try them out.

If you can, chrono the load. Sounds like you should be at about 2900 fps. Sierra says the plastic tips on TMKs enhance the Ballistic Coefficient (BC): “The major advantage of adding a tip to the bullet is the reduction of drag, producing a more favorable ballistic coefficient.” Stated BCs for the new TMK bullets are listed below. Loaded and tested, found my load and did not watch oal. Your 25gr sounds fine.

Sierra MatchKing (SMK) vs. Sierra Tipped MatchKing (TMK), Ultra-High BC Sierra MatchKings in .223, .264, and .308 Calibers, Sierra’s New 95gr .224 SMK and other Ultra-High-BC MatchKings, Great Sale on Sierra Bullets at Precision Reloading, New Official Load Data for Latest High-BC Sierra MatchKings, Barney Lawton, Action-Builder and Barrel-Maker, Loses Fight with Cancer, Sunday GunDay: Glen Zediker 1959 – 2020, In Memoriam, BYOB — Build Your Own Bench for Reloading — Free Plans.

Hasn’t the 60gr been out for awhile now though? Currently, Sierra is focusing on “the most popular calibers”.   Pasted as rich text. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

Sort of a range session killer. Ok i looked at hodgdon online and it said starting at 24.0 and 26.0 max so i thought about starting at 24.5 and working my way up to 25.5 with a 2.235 COAL.

Sierra has announced a new line of plastic-tipped MatchKing bullets. Use them for coyotes now.

I think it would be a mistake, and a possible waste of powder (.5-1.5 grains per bullet) not to start at the minimum published load. These BC numbers look good, and they have been verified with real-world testing: “We shot [all the new TMKs] multiple times (we actually test our BC numbers instead of letting a computer tell us what it is) and those numbers are all proven out!”. Sierra manual even says as much in the 223 section as posted a few above. I have a remmy 223 with a 1x8 match grade barrel and was wondering from some of the rifle shooters what they think of that starting point ? . Can’t wait to get my hands on and test the new TMKs. 308 Winchester m Universal Barrel length& twist 24''/ 1-10'' stock# 2145 2140 2200 7768 4665 Case/prim er Winchester/ WLR desc.

I have AA2230 on hand too, but have not tried it yet. Pretty good guess by looking at the book, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed.

So, you get the BC of a heavier bullet in a lighter projectile that can be pushed faster.

I use the Sierra Match King 69gr BTHP. followed by a 350 gr 375 cal. If you can, chrono the load. Just don't do what I did. What's good at 100 may not work at 400-500. http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/long-range-load-development/. Plastic Tips Offer Better BC MatchKings have always been jacketed, hollowpoint bullets. They got me the info I needed within 24hours. Slightly less recoil too. Try changing the load from lowest recommended to highest in three shot groups by .5 gr, the refine the best of those groups by .1 gr. Did you crimp it? The 69 has the BC of the old 77 and go at least 200 fps faster with less recoil and barrel time and wear. Clear editor. H-4895 is almost identical to Varget.

Paste as plain text instead, × Does anyone have load data for this? Hello, I found this data sheet a few years back as well.

My load is: Lapua .223 Remington Match Batch brass, Sierra 69 grain HPBT Matchking, CCI BR–4 Small Rifle Bench Rest primer, ADI AR2208 [Varget], Charge Weight 25.4 gr, Cartridge Overall Length 2.260 in. For instance, i have a 16.5 Voodoo barrel that shoots the 25.3varget/69smk at 2775 fps whereas Nato M193 puts 3050 fps on the chrono. About the only issues with it is the coarseness of the extruded powder makes it hard to run through a progressive compared to popular ball powders like Tac and 335 (though those are more for lighter, mass produced plinker/practice loads). “Say What!? That’s big news for .223 Rem and 22-250 shooters. Can anyone share load data that produces sub-MOA groups with decent velocity using this bullet?

21.5gr for 77 TMK. Regarding use in war, the US ruled JHP to be okay for combat use. Not exactly what you’re looking for, but a good starting point; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdopwcxcqcimrud/AAAtrMqaxo4v6-OfPgM7dwRaa?preview=Sierra223Rem.pdf, Ha I was going to just guess 26-27 grains of Varget. no delivery date as yet, can email you when we know that they are on their way from Sierra. HPBT168 gr. I am a pistol loader and just now getting into rifle just want to stay atleast half a grain off the max to account for less COAL or a tenth or two tenths of a grain towards the max. My COAL was 2.25 so ymmv. With AR Comp/60TMK it lists 21.4 gr max charge but 22.4 gr on the 69gr TMK. _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-6323545-2']); I run 24 Gr H-4895 in my Colt H-Bar 1x7. What does this mean for the military contract ammunition given there is not a ruling on plastic tipped bullets under the Geneva and Hague Conventions?

var _gaq = _gaq || []; Sorry, Sierra will not be offering 6mm, 6.5mm, or 7mm TMKs for the time being, although Sierra will introduce more TMK varieties in the future. They are crimped.

You can post now and register later. HPBT Match168 gr.

It doesnt fall into line with anything else as far as charge weights or velocities. Sounds like you should be at about 2900 fps. Some ... Times 2, I hunt with the Sierra 69's and you have to work them up to max or pretty close to get them consistent. should have started out with a 240 gr 30 cal & 160 gr 6.5mm Display as a link instead, × Really accurate just won't fit my mags. The new Tipped MatchKing (TMK) bullets are now shipping! (function() { Your 25gr sounds fine.

In addition to the bullet tip, some of these new TMK bullets have slightly modified shapes compared to previous-generation, non-tipped MatchKings (SMKs) of like caliber/weight. Plastic tipped bullets with longer, slimmer cross sections forward of the ogive give higher BCs? He will test them at our 1000 yard practice Monday and ill report back. OAL 2.25. Not going to max of 26.0 for sure unless circumstances dictate it. as it states “weapons that cause unneccessary suffering” oddly enough, a weapon that kills you faster, causes less suffering than a FMJ that leaves you bleeding out on the ground….

Funeral Songs For Horse Lovers, Pnb Rock Neck Height, Montana Inspired Dog Names, Is Trick2g Mexican, The Wrong Cheerleader, Mini Pig Shaking, Sushil Patel Presidio, Liquidation Kitchen Cabinets, Article On Mother Mary, Deadzone Classic Roblox Wiki, Power To The People Soul Liberation, Cait Sith Pronunciation, Battlefield 4 Servers, Big Wheel Or Big Shot, Penny Jackson Ray Stevens, Paul Macherey Architect, Mercedes C450 Amg For Sale, Bozeman Craigslist Cars By Owner, Tommy Boy Tack Hammer Gif, Monzell Ford Death Los Angeles, Len Bias College Stats, Tf2 Theme Sheet Music, Fat Albert Theme Song, Quien Es El Papá Del Hijo De Pamela Silva Conde, De Envalde Significado, Ireti Doyle Movies, Bridget Rooney Socialite, Christopher Reso Obituary, Jordan Pickford Net Worth, Wax Based Foundation, Simon Oakland Ancestry, Gp14 Centreboard For Sale, Wii U Mame, Feeding Ancona Ducks, Is Dogville Based On A True Story, Mukesh Aggarwal Biography, Lusitano Vs Andalusian, How Old Was Kristen Stewart In Twilight, Chuck Aspegren Wiki, Carey Mulligan Wilfred Mumford, Heart Touching Sorry Messages For Wife, Tenaya Masai Vs Anasazi Pink, He Is The Light Of The World Lyrics And Chords, Call Of Duty: Ghosts Redeem Code Xbox One, Martha Movie 2008, Difference Between American And Vietnamese Culture Essay, Is Harry Styles Married, Which Of The Following Is Not An Idea From The Enlightenment, How To Play Santoor, Longest Imessage Chain 2020, Falken Tires Vs Goodyear, Combahee River Collective Discussion Questions, Poecilotheria Ornata For Sale, Rick Stein Long Weekend Recipes Thessaloniki, Tracker 90 Atv Top Speed, Extra Large Outdoor Rabbit Hutch, Onnit Cerakote Barbell, Which Of The Following Is A Disadvantage Of Using Black Powder In Muzzleloading Firearms?, Aaron Rodgers Long Hair Year, Is Ap Gov Hard, Mead Making Log Sheet, Eva Marie Dad, Scary Names For Games, Dauntless Chain Blades Cruel Rift Strike, Jeremy Vuolo Net Worth, Mabel Pines Fanart, English Paper 1 Mark Scheme, Jean Marais Conjoint,