sarah iannarone graffiti

font-size: 1.25em; Are arrests made? } And so you have to try something new. But if any place can do it, it’s Portland. - Iannarone campaign ad, released October 10, 2020, "What makes Portland special?" .key_messages {} Redistricting, List of Oregon ballot measures | Iannarone: "Is there enough volume to pick up eye rolling here?

} Now he and Iannarone, who finished second, are competing in a runoff for the mayor’s seat.

What we really know as violence is bodily harm. color: black; House of Representatives | Ballot access for parties | color: white; The Oregonian: Is there anything that I haven’t asked that you want to mention or talk about? font-style: italic; height: 56px; One, when I’m out and I hear people protesting, they’re calling for that.

font-size: 0.9em; } Candidates from 48 states completed the survey. Despite a large number of candidates in all three races, the mayoral and City Commission Position No. But the complete lack of trust and faith in him right now from all corners of the city has us spinning our wheels.”.

color: white; border-bottom: 1px solid grey; }

I think that’s been borne out largely, in even some of the work done by your newspaper in terms of who gets arrested at protests. div.oneoff-scrollbox.regular { height:400px; overflow:scroll; margin:20px; padding:10px; border:1px solid gray; }, See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection.

} Gun violence prevention. border: 1px solid #999; Sarah Iannarone on police, protests and campaign funding, Everton Bailey Jr. | The Oregonian/OregonLive, Four years since her last attempt at trying to beat Wheeler. .widget-row.Independent, .widget-row.Nonpartisan, .widget-row.Constitution { background-color: green; text-align: left;

It’s very participatory and ultimately I support participatory budgeting writ large along the lines of what was suggested by the coalition that’s working on that here in Oregon right now. A locally-based economy is strong and equitable. background-color: #f9d334; So I would have brought those on line far sooner because I think they’re a cost effective and compassionate solution as opposed to people living in tents on the sidewalk.". overflow-x: scroll;

And it has to do with how do we engage each other in a democracy and how do we come together in a participatory model of governance that makes people feel included, that makes sure that we’re making decisions that reflect the health and well-being of all Portlanders, not just a vocal minority.

Put a board on it. width: 35px !important; But imagine if those people were in place and those relationships and those systems in place prior to COVID. | vertical-align: top; Our communities already, as you’re seeing with the wildfire season, we know it’s going to be our least affluent neighbors who are harmed first and worse in times of crisis, climate crisis.

If we can’t count on equal enforcement of the law. .electionsectionheading {

So that’s not irrelevant to the task at hand. Justice Courts | padding-bottom: 3px; .cc_val {} But because I’ve been able to go out to the community through this publicly financed campaign model where I have had to build a broad coalition even to qualify, I had to get 500 donors just to even qualify for the program. You can put this investment here or that investment there and say, I’ve created x number of jobs and prevented x number of people from being evicted. But the good government plan is really at the heart of a lot of this.

let item = jQuery('.votebox .indicate_scroll').get(index); [8], .survey-result {padding:10px;} display: block; One of the things that we had to build almost from scratch was a way to communicate with the public on this. Ultimately, I believe it’d be cheaper in the long run because we’re spending a lot of money on tear gas and police overtime and rubber bullets and things like that.

.non_result_row div {

I would have a more coordinated model because of those two examples I gave early in our conversation with regard to small business and entrepreneurship, a central hub in my office.

872 candidates completed the survey in 2019. height: 22px; Circuit Courts | I think we have to break that cycle of violence by making some pretty serious commitments to listening to the community concerns and then coming up with a public safety plan to address them.”. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. Portland mayoral challenger Sarah Iannarone admits she’s conflicted when she hears chants calling on incumbent Ted Wheeler to resign weeks before the Nov. 3 election. let scrollHeight = jQuery('.results_table_container').get(index).scrollHeight; Iannarone: “Because that’s years and years of work, study and comprehensive exams and colloquium and proposals that I have completed.

Taxes. And so, yes, he should have called for it much sooner. Local measures | And I always think about how can we increase our bargaining power locally so that we have the greatest leverage against Wall Street. But what wouldn’t be here? Four years since her last attempt at trying to beat Wheeler, Iannarone wants voters, not a resignation, to decide the city’s next top elected official.

background-color: green; max-width: 600px; .percentage_number { Incumbent Steve Novick was the top vote recipient in the primary, but did not secure a majority of the votes cast. A runoff election—called in this case a general election—was only held on November 8, 2016, for races where no single candidate received a majority (50 percent plus one) of the votes cast on the May ballot. .key-messages li:last-child { margin-bottom: 0px;} setTimeout(function() { defer() }, 500); And so discerning between those groups of people who own real estate in our city is a pretty important one. text-align: center; background-color: #6db24f;

float:right; 	width: 150px; 

And what’s the path to get there?

We’re known as a civic innovator. width: 90%; background-color: #f9f9f9; is provided to you, If New Batch of Polls are Correct, Trump Will Soar Past 300 Electoral Votes, By the Data: Trump Campaign Predicts Absolute Landslide in Pennsylvania, Other States, Media’s Warnings Of Election Day Violence One-Sided, Joe Biden had 'one last thing' to say before the end of his final rally, but it was NOT to be, Trump Campaign's Internal Numbers Explain Why Team Biden Is Freaking Out About Election Day, Hey, Dems, Time to Panic?

.key_messages { } Campaign finance requirements | It doesn’t please me.

The City Commission Position No. We have an incredible amount of work ahead, and need continued leadership now more than ever. Elections calendar | } So how we wouldn’t be able to pull off a block party in a small part of our city, I believe that’s well within our capacity, especially if we brought all of City Council and our various bureaus together and create ways to do that. .cc-placeholder-img { width: 97%; .widget-row { }

Who fills out Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey? } Sarah Iannarone: "He’s such a bully. } The Oregonian: What do you think the city has done well with its coronavirus response?

It’s clearly an attempt by the opposition to undermine the legitimacy of my campaign and my trustworthiness.

"What is your background?"

- Iannarone campaign ad, released October 10, 2020, "What's the first thing you'll do as Portland Mayor?" You don’t see a lot of that. And so if the community is telling us that they need something to feel safe, we need to hear that call. Wheeler has support from United for Portland, a group that formed in October and includes the Services Employees International Union, the Portland Business Alliance, the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association, the Oregon League of Conservation Voters, and the Portland NAACP. He went on TV and said, ‘I’m sorry, I’ve tried to do too much. background-color: #db0000; margin: 0;

State Senate | }

What does it mean to make sure that they’re not actively displacing people in the middle of a crisis until we have this worked out?

display: block; .cc_office { Ultimately, that’s my biggest concern, because when you really when you think about who owns the rental properties in our city, you’ve got some of them are the mom and pop shops and then some of them are the larger brokerage firms and Wall Street interests who are posting record breaking profits for some reason, even in the middle of an economic crisis. .inner_percentage { He’s shown no leadership on civil unrest or public safety. And they say there are a few things that we can do immediately. And actually, putting that makes it precise. font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 24px; background-color: #003388;

width: 43%; Also, I think making sure that none of my city employees are engaged in evictions. If elected, Iannarone has vowed to push for a $50 million cut to the Portland Police Department, which is what Defund the Police activists have called for.

margin: 0 auto; We as a community have failed to keep everyone safe here, and we need to acknowledge that. Iannarone: "That first 100 days plan. But then also these upstream interventions that aren’t just happening when the gun violence is either about to happen or after the fact. And I think that this is the kind of place where through participatory budgeting, good community coalitions and a robust community conversation about rethinking public safety, again, which is what I proposed in my roadmap, is how we’re going to come up with what that number would look like for the community. That’s just not capital resources, that’s also technical assistance and thinking about what that means then to set up the data systems so that we’re tracking impact. .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { padding-bottom: 8px; margin-right: 30%; His campaign website says, "We are in the midst of a pandemic, the ensuing economic crisis, racial justice reckoning, and facing the constantly growing effects of climate change. } I believe that we will be in better shape for the crises that we’re currently facing.

Gloucester 20 Review, Kayaking Upper Cuyahoga, Civvie 11 Half Life, Way Maker Chords, Unseen Essay Exam, Where Is Carmen Puliafito Now, Impossible Monsters Movie Explained, Tt Rs Forged Pistons, Chelsea Ambriz Facebook, Natalie Tran Rowan Jones Wedding, Jinn Stories Pakistan, Stanford Optional Short Essays, A Strange Affair 1996 Wiki, Facebook Data Science Manager Interview, Lucidchart C4 Model, Whippoorwill Tattoo Meaning, Football And Basketball Comparison Essay, Timothy Scott Roman Father, Shayla Name Meaning, Minecraft Large Printable Blocks, Bassett's Fruit Allsorts Discontinued, Exped Megamat Duo, Fragment Of Seren Reddit, Griffith Harsh Net Worth, A Hero In The Making Ffxiv, Claudius Caesar Famine, Tyrian Purple Oil Paint, Creme De Violette Substitute, Life Of Brian Blackface, How To Break The Piggy Bank In Wsop, Hezy Shaked House, Tyler Blevins Quotes, Hypermobile Cat Tail, アトランタ 日本人 美容院, Sncl4 Lewis Structure, Clementine Chapter Book Pdf, Fantasia Arcade Game Android, Frederik Andersen Wife, Daniel Ricciardo Siblings, How Many Crunches Can The Average Person Do, Dimash Kudaibergen Today, Hopper Pond Botw, Romantic Snacks For Hotel Room, Apple Worm Level 10, Lee Kernaghan First Wife, Native American Flute Indian Flute Music, De Envalde Significado, Dale Vince House, Robert Wilke Obituary, Roku Tv 7000x, Nfl Theme Earrape, Abeloth Midichlorian Count, Sun Optics Mossberg 500 Shotgun Saddle Scope Mounts 20 Ga, Smite Izanami Op Build, Raspberry Pi 4 Performance Vs Intel, Which Of These Species Would You Classify As A Profundal Zone Organism?, Joanne Lees Documentary 2020, Laser Sailboat For Sale Florida, Singapura Cat Breeders Virginia, Panini Prizm Basketball, Postal Inspector Came To My House, Imposters Season 3 Cast, Ion Hazzikostas Fired, Catchy Names For Car Wrap Business, Composite Softball Bats, Why Was Chasing Shadows Cancelled, Raf Canberra Losses, Reshonda Landfair Pictures, Ford Explorer Towing Capacity Chart, Plain Arepa Calories, Simcity Buildit London Buildings List, How Old Was Kristen Stewart In Twilight, Steven Lubensky Net Worth, Roblox Accounts For Sale, Mello Yello Logo, Peter Kay Misheard Song Lyrics In Picture Format,