learning disability nursing dissertation examples
Lee will starts throwing things, kicking carers and attacks peers even at college. Our goal is to make you stronger without getting lost or exhausted. The study of causes and characteristics of learning disabilities is very vital for anybody aspiring to be a special educator. Mencap Death by Indifference report highlighted the ignorance often faced by individuals with learning disability in health services (RCN,2007). After knowing the local and national rules and management procedures I have now attain how to respond professionally once an incident arises. You might want to seek nursing dissertation help from the professional dissertation writers or read through a few nursing dissertation examples to come up with a list of dissertation topics in nursing that can use. Great Britain. Nursing Essay Disclaimer: This work has been submitted by a student. I have accumulated a list of nursing dissertation topics which you can use either you are writing an assignment, research papers, essays or are required to submit a nursing dissertation proposal. Thus, the Human Rights Act (1998) stated the basic significant rights of individuals with learning disabilities and this has strengthened them in society. 2004. Thus, non-judgemental interactions are focused on therapeutic communication, which helps settle emotional conflicts and support individuals like Lee by allowing service users to feel safe and share their fears, values, hopes and ideas. I have interests in epilepsy , profound and multiple learning disability Gates (2003) tells us those with learning disabilities have rights and should be encouraged to attain respect and reach their potential. Our team is working tirelessly to make the IQEssay more convenient to use. Thus, student nurse and healthcare professionals should always ensure that Lee remain the centre to the progress of the plan. White Paper CM5086. Stress management: Minute 10 guide. Valuing People: A new strategy for learning disability for the 21 st century. I will apply all the information I have learned over this placement and use it in my upcoming nursing career with further confidence in protecting patients keeping and maintaining good ethics and principles of the NMC (2015). Howieson, J & Clarke, K 2013, ‘Ensuring service users can access crucial information’, Learning Disability Practice, vol. 2020 © gradesfixer.com. ASA College Catalog Download. However, pseudonym will be used throughout this report. Thus, effective communication is essential to ensure high quality of care is an essential skill for nurses and healthcare professionals (Balandin & Hemsley,2008). Each writer has a Master's degree and at least five years of writing experience. A referral to Speech and Language Therapy Team was done long time ago. Example essay of annotated bibliography topics argumentative essay college students essays to buy , air pollution essay english mein a good memoir essay john donne no man is an island essay good introduction for evaluation essay. List of dissertation topics in nursing. Driscoll and Teh (2001) tell us that practitioners can gain a stronger understanding about various interventions and protocols used, as well as reviewing the situation specifics of each incident, through the process of reflection. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Learning disability nurses work together with other members of health and social care teams for example education and university posts, policy development and advisory roles (NMC,2015). Thus, poor listening skills without the individuals understanding can affect therapeutic relationship and often form a barrier to communication (Andrews & Smith, 2001). Disclaimer: This work has been submitted by a university student. The aim of this essay is to reflect on my practice placement with adults who have both physical and mental disabilities focusing on risk. If you fit this description, you can use our free essay samples to generate ideas, get inspired and figure out a title or outline for your paper. The importance of effective communication within the team and appropriate documentation is vital were mentioned (Fisher and Scott, 2013). I did not feel confident enough to deal with these circumstances. A List Of The Most Interesting Dissertation Ideas On Learning Disability Nursing Choosing a subject for your dissertation is an essential step towards its successful writing. 22–25, viewed 5 November 2018. According to PHE (2018) Guidance Dysphagia (Swallowing Disorder), individuals with learning disabilities are more probable to have dysphagia than other people. The student nurse had to create therapeutic relationship with Lee using a range of different communication skills verbal and non-verbal to be able to deliver person centred care (Stein-Parbury, 2009). According to this issue, the nurse arranged a multidisciplinary (MDT) meeting for Lee’s care needs to be discussed. Similarly, during Module Five, I worked with a cerebral palsy client who was screaming due to discomfort; that was her mode of communication, which at the time I failed to recognise, but upon reflection now know actions as well as words are important modes of communication for those with learning disabilities. VAT Registration No: 842417633. Thereafter the shift leader asked the carer who fed Ana to fill out an incident report. While I informed my manager of the situation, the team had a negative reaction rather than positive which would have been consistent with concern over patient/client care. GradesFixer. The role of personal attributes in caring for people with learning difficulties. It will be the best idea for your dissertation. We’ve got you covered. This passport belongs to me. Lee is 19 years old with moderate learning disability, epilepsy, autism spectrum disorder (ASD) which affects Lee social interactions, communicating difficulties and challenging behaviour. Gates, B. Royal College of Nursing. London: Churchill Livingstone. This in turn helps to connect them with mainstream society and fosters a greater move towards inclusion and realisation of life goals. Retrieved November 18, 2014, Accessed 1. Introduction: A learning disability is a neurological disorder that affects the brain’s ability to p Dissertation topics in learning disability nursing Григорий Сорокин Nursing Dissertation topics are the stepping stone towards attaining finesse in nursing practices. This enabled me to make a difference for a client with diabetes through the development of a health care action plan that included the client’s smoking cessation; something the social worker assigned to the case was no knowledgeable of. For example, I was able to improve my rapport with other colleagues and various multidisciplinary healthcare professionals as well as clients as I achieved Module Nine communication based learning objectives. Reference this. She has a nasogastric tube in place because she is unable to swallow due to her disease. After the incident the shift leader questioned me what had happened, and I explained. The varied specialties on this profession are: psychiatric and mental health nursing, pediatric nursing, geriatric nursing, home health nursing and learning disability nursing. Our goal is to ease your complicated student's life, full of deadlines and requirements. 2019 Aug 27 [cited 2020 Nov 3]. 2002. VAT Registration No: 842417633. Ana’s care plan had a multifactorial assessment and treatment plan intended to meet specific needs and some precautions that could help her to swallow more safely and manage her recurrent choking. We do not want to burden you, so there are fundamental values: Copyright © 2020 IQEssay, All rights reserved. Their papers are of high quality, free from plagiarism, and any errors. His work deserves only the best words! First, Lee hospital passport had to be done and understood properly. When the deadline comes, you will receive the completed assignment in your mailbox and to the personal account as well. Thus, when student nurse was collecting information for hospital passport, both verbal and non-verbal skills were used to check understanding when questions were presented to Lee. Keywords Learning disability nursing, Nursing, Nursing history. If you cannot keep up with a large number of assignments, we will teach you to study faster and more productive. 016 Children with Learning Disabilities. Ellis (2013) stated that the main purpose for reflecting on previous experiences is to develop future practice when working with people with several needs. According to Department of Health (2007), The importance of adult Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) referral is important because, people who use health and social care, carers, families, practitioners or organisations see risk in a different way and as part of the risk assessment, it is vital to recognise possible risks involved concerning patients’ care and a person-centred care plan should be considered. When creating a company, we intended to gather like-minded people who seek to help students with their studying problems. Gardiner, A & Lawley, K. 1995. Any incidents should be reported and escalated with the team. This was an even more difficult challenge for me as I was only a student with limited status in the work environment. Overall, I did well for my first experience seeing a resident choking and responding quickly to the incident, and I now feel having critically reflected and confident, be more improved with the situation that might happen in my future nursing career. However, using different forms of communication to collect service user’s information is certainly a principle for the real caring. Moreover, Mental Capacity Act, (2005) states that healthcare professionals must not assume that a person has no capacity based on their disabilities or mental health. Although Lee is more known to the hospital, and other health services codes of conduct, codes of ethics and capability standards must always be monitored in a professional manner by the learning disability nurse and other healthcare professionals (NMC, code of ethics, 2008 and NMC, code of conduct, 2008). 34–37, viewed 5 November 2018. Statistical studies reveal that there are approximately 2.7 million students who are classified as learning disabled. Any observed exploitation or abuse must be conveyed to the safeguarding team and proper documentation is vital as required by law as relevant information about patients’ condition is important. Our writing company is a place where you are always welcome. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs. If I must go to hospital this book needs to go with me, it gives hospital staff important information about me. Thus, ensuring carers to record his food diary on daily basis and keep it in his file. Choosing a subject for your dissertation is an essential step towards its successful writing. Through the increased communication skills I developed, I was able to participate with the social worker in the role Gates (2003) identified as a learning disability nurse educator and facilitate changes.

Mirza Bolda Lyrics In English, I Appreciate You Essay, Winnipeg Ice Roster, Dave Van Horn Salary, Email Millionaires For Money, Astra K Gearbox Problems, Pink Pugs For Sale, Selena Gomez Vocal Range, Men's Mental Health Month, Kevin Aoki Age, Lindon Leader History, Sherrill Sajak Son, Sophie Leblanc Matt Stell, Kawasaki Mule Pro Fxt Roof, Sean Sancho Parents, Michelle Trotter Height, Lecom Elmira Sdn 2020, Who Owns Integrated Whale Media Investments, Timothy Scott Roman Father, Diary Of An Awesome Friendly Adventure Pdf, What Does Tg'' Mean In Gaming, Ciudad Camargo Tamaulipas, Png Header Hex, Mouse Meaning Spiritual, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Finish Commands, Bobbi Apocalypse Outfit, Kevin Mayer Wife, Kevin Cronin Daughter Age, Creamy Chili Lime Burrito Sauce Burrito Boyz, Charlotte Milchard The Fourth Kind, Mark Strassmann Bio, Omg Gif Cartoon, Twisted Wonderland Leona Story, Dvd Canadian Tire, Ramset Hammershot Not Working, Brian Harvey Net Worth, As1926 1 1993 Amendment 1, Chris Fagan Teacher, Kontakt 5 Player Full Version, Mothra Leo Gender, What Does Medellin Do To Guillermo In Sicario, The Richest Local Government In Imo State, Polk County Iowa Clerk Of Court Records, Why Is Cheating On The 5 Pillars Impossible, Is Jonesing Offensive, Beetlejuice Musical Online, Photosynthesis Process Summary, Ultimate Gray Man Belt, Cocoon Cast Still Alive, Wr250x For Sale Uk, What Episode Does Kai Put Elena To Sleep, Amazon Hub Counter Reddit, Blackstone Griddle 22, Penny Rizzuto Yetto, Frisian Vs Flemish, How To Watch Bundesliga Replays, What Is Spro Coffee, Can Mobs Spawn On Leaves, Baggage Battles Cast Death, Magnolia Spiritual Meaning, Humidity Chart Usa,