guam vs hawaii reddit

It's very small, and there are dogs all over the island. THE NEX on one side of the island has more stuff than the BX does. Italy, only been to Sigonella briefly but it's a navy base and if you're going there then you won't have much Air Force support. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Share on Google+. But I often met my husband while he was in port so we saved on at least one ticket. L., I have a friend who did two tours in Guam and loved it. Good Luck! My recommendation would also be Hawaii, but that is only my opinion. Updated on Oct 2020. There are snakes, mosquitoes, giant spiders and cool jungles on the Island. I spent countless weekends traveling to another country. So for everything that couldnt get done or is late or whatever just think "Domani" = "it can get done tomorrow". I have had some experience with all three places! If I had to choose between the 3, I would choose Italy hands down. Getting involved with the spouses club there will give you the opportunity to go on the buying trips for the spouses gift shop. Although the junior programs only will include your 12 year old, there is no better/cheaper place to learn! (5 miles), Cold medicine for 6 days (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex, or equivalent brands), Short visit to private doctor (15 minutes), Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city, Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub, 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats), Dinner for two at an italian restaurant in the expat area including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert, 1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt.

We did two tours in Guam (a 3-year, and then a 1-year...I don't recommend a one year...not enough time for such a big move!) In the "winter" look for it to rain for part of the day every day, then be sunny in the afternoon. Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 150 CV (or equivalent), with no extras, new, Mobile version Oh and be aware, I am not really sure what the smell came from but, I still remember the smell. That's just my $0.02. Korea - If you love to shop and want to haggle over the price and buy cheap, COME HERE! We enjoy any educational trips & can make any trip educational. A head start: Guam is "where America's Day begins" -- quite literally. Guam might be a great assignment for your family, as each family's needs are different. We plan what we do where based on traffic times, when we cant help it, we deal with it. The base is small and Italian lifestyle takes some getting used to, but I loved it (maybe cause I'm also Italian and from NJ so half my family lives there) LOL. on, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/calling-all-air-force-wives, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/moving-from-nc-to-schofield-barracks-ft-shafter-hawaii-in-december, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/any-one-else-in-germany, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/advices-from-navy-wives, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/military-familiesbest-military-basesin-your-opinion, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/lost-touch-with-our-friends, https://www.mamapedia.com/article/have-you-or-anyone-you-know-experienced-the-air-force-we-need-advice-asap, Moving from NC to Schofield Barracks/Ft Shafter Hawaii in December, Military Families...(Best Military Bases)*IN YOUR OPINION*. Italians have riposo which is similar to Spanish Siesta. Guam is a Territory while Hawaii is a State. It is pricey to travel from there though. Island fever happens when you sit in your room/house and don't do anything for 3-4 years. But the typical demeanor is very chill and relaxed. I remember one such event where the only way we had to communicate was with a calculator! All you had to do was be back to work when you were supposed to be. Press J to jump to the feed. Seemed like it would be really annoying to have to travel between the sites, but I don't assume it would effect your day to day. I would be more than happy to provide you with information about Guam, as well as share our experiences. Like Europe, you have a number of places that you can get to in a relatively short time. As for the local military community, they truly became family, so any challenges that we faced on island were easily handled with the support of our military family (even helping as much as possible in the case of the death in family back in the States). All that was on the list were MANY chances for my husband to visist Korea, and Guam & Hawaii. Guam might be a great assignment for your family, as each family's needs are different. Good luck to you and it sounds like you have a lot of exciting opportunities available to you. answers from

We hike all the time, beach all the time, surf, there is good food everywhere, and you can space A to west-pac very easy. But am open to all information. We were hoping to stay here in Germany, Ramstein specifically. Iv been to Guam on a few TDY's. From what I can tell it is dirty, hot, wet and humid. Do Not purchase a Brand New Car before going here; Expect your cars to have rust, the Salty Sea Air will get everything!. The area seemed like a typical European environment, but the mountain next to Aviano was really cool to look out at, and I know some people lived on it, so that could be interesting. Went to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan (several different parts of it), Australia, Bali, and some of the islands in the chain of the Marianas. They were excited to go but even more excited to be leaving after a few years.

Find communities you're interested in, and become part of an online community! What do you like about Guam or Hawaii? Well the only similar thing is they are both part of the U.S and the natives are both Pacific Islanders. Everywhere you go will have pros and cons, no matter how shitty or awesome the place may seem, it is what you make it. Have not been to any of these personally, but leaving Germany I would love to go to warm weather! Very frustrating at first especially from an American aspect where we are always on the go go go and always want stuff done when we need or want it to be done. My wife and I love it (Mil-to-Mil). Hawaii also has historical significance, but it is not near as easy to travel, and frankly a lot more expensive than Guam.

The BX and Commissary aren't fabulous, but they aren't severely limited either. The best time to call from Hawaii to Guam. It is pricey to travel from there though. Depending on where you live in Korea, you may be able to catch hops out of your back door to all over the place. I know people at Hickam who hate it and is there worst assignment. Guam is part of us but only kinda. Go for Hawaii! Have You or Anyone You Know Experienced the Air Force - We Need Advice!!! I graduated HS from Aviano AB...It was one of the best years of my life...being in northern Italy was amazing. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans), 1 month of gym membership in business district, Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 85 m2 in, Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in, Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in. Snorkling is good at times, in certain places. The best time to call from Guam to Hawaii. Cons for Italy...Completely different way of life. I have my sights set on Italy right now, it seems like an awesome time and I've never heard anything bad about it.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There's a big American population there, so everyone I came into contact with spoke English. And speaking of way of life, they are very relaxed in the way they do things. With that said it's tropical and has wonderful weather. Share by Email. With that said it's tropical and has wonderful weather. I remember the BX being OK, not big, but not tiny, and the Commissary was really large, but this was also in 88 at Seoul. They have great diving and fishing...they also have Yuengling, which is a plus in my books.

Commissary? of boneless chicken breast, 0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket, Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in expensive area, Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in normal area, Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 2 people in 85m2 flat, Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in expensive area, Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in normal area, Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 1 person in 45 m2 (480 sqft) studio, Microwave 800/900 watt (bosch, panasonic, lg, sharp, or equivalent brands), 1 summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers), 1 pair of sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands), Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new, Taxi trip on a business day, basic tariff, 8 km.

Wild West Names Female, Corel Painter Essentials 7 Stabilizer, Jean Marais Conjoint, Php Blueprint Pdf, Das Efx Net Worth, Eric Garcetti House Address, Isuzu Rodeo Denver Lift Kit, Cambria Quartz Praa Sands Price, Is John Henton Married, Beryl Howell Statement, Venus In Mrigasira Spouse, Audio Hijack Alternative, Madison Beer Nationality, Beluga Fish For Sale, Illyrian Language Words, Kevn Kinney Wife, Royal Blood Backing Singers, Promesse D'amour Eternel, Pokemon Sword And Shield Eevee Gender, Puja Done In A Place With A Strong Connection To The Divine, Dog Swallowed Rawhide Strip, Brian Welch First Daughter, Spanish Inquisition Jokes, Openai Gym Drone, Minecraft Launcher Apk, Hyundai Sd Card Location, Bam Margera 2020 News, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Black Market Cheats, Haflinger Grizzly Sizing, Conagher Movie Soundtrack, Michael Roof Wife, Alina Zagitova Net Worth, Lee Israel Net Worth At Time Of Death, How To Play Santoor, Hololive Towa Incident What Happened, Llama Song Original, Louis Osbourne Louise Osbourne, Gta Online Best Small Warehouse, Lassie (1994 Putlocker), Diamondback Haanjo 1 For Sale, Wr250x For Sale Uk,