drogba vs kane

“But then again, we know what we have upfront. "I had a few strikers that played for me and they’re not bad.

I don't see him getting 25, 30 goals next season the way Jose will want to play.". Harry Kane has managed to score seven times in the 10 games he has played under Mourinho. Also Read | Didier Drogba voted as the best Ligue 1 striker this century despite mere two-season stint, "It's the first time that I have all of them available, which is the kind of problem that we, as coaches, we just love it." “I genuinely think we are going to win,” Wright told his own YouTube channel. Mauricio Pochettino’s side go into this game with a number of off-field issues affecting the club, but they will be looking to put that all behind them for the North London derby. "He played for me three seasons, he was not always starting because he was quite young at the time, he scored 78 goals in three seasons, which gives a 26-goal average per season. Mourinho claimed that the likes of Didier Drogba, Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, Diego Milito and Zlatan Ibrahimovic performed exceptionally well when he was in charge with their respective clubs, claiming that their stats weren’t hidden from anyone. At home, they can’t break teams down. {{#media.focal_point}}. Video: Son scores stunning header for Spurs after Kane assist The record of goals that Harry has for me is easy for me. I had another guy, he played for one and a half seasons, in the other half he had a big injury. He also cited Didier Drogba’s stats under him at Chelsea, saying that he scored 186 goals for him over four seasons at Stamford Bridge. Mourinho's men will next host West Ham United on Tuesday (Wednesday according to IST). Jose Mourinho has defended his record with strikers ahead of Tottenham's clash with West Ham on Tuesday, insisting "Harry Kane has no problem" given his previous experience with the likes of Didier Drogba, Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Ivorian hitman struck on 73 occasions while playing for the Portuguese tactician. That’s my message to somebody I have lots of respect for. “Son will be dangerous without a shadow of a doubt, so will Moura and Harry Kane. You have to look at it in a balanced approach. First of all, Harry played his first game for six months, and if you watch and analyse the game, compared Harry Kane with Anthony Martial. Harry Kane played his first game in six months after he sustained a severe injury at the turn of 2020.

However, three points could just provide the whole team with a much-needed boost going into the international break. Mourinho, in a virtual press conference before the game against West Ham, responded to Merson’s claims, reminding him of several top players who succeeded under him. The manager was again on the receiving end of criticism after their recent draw against Manchester United, with Harry Kane failing to score at home.

Arsenal legend Paul Merson expressed his belief that Mourinho's preferred playing style could force Kane to consider his future at Spurs during his latest column for Sky Sports. Ian Wright has claimed that Tottenham’s Harry Kane is ‘the new Drogba’ for Arsenal ahead of the North London derby on Sunday afternoon. He [Kane] is the new Drogba for us. Kane goes into the match at the Emirates Stadium with two goals to his name from four Premier League matches this season, but both of those strikes came on the opening day of the campaign. He played for me three seasons, he scored 186 goals, which gives an average of 56 goals per season. The former Real Madrid manager asserted that Kane does not face any problem whatsoever to score goals for him, especially when he is fit and playing regularly. Do you give credit to my defence for Martial's game, do you give credit to the United defence for the occasions we create or didn’t create?

I had another guy who is also not bad, called Karim Benzema.

Also Read | Didier Drogba led Chelsea past Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final OTD in 2008. "It was a game of many chances, it was a game where the two strikers had a lot of chances. "Harry doesn’t play a game for six months. If Spurs were to lose at the Emirates then it would only add to the early pressure the manager and the players are currently under. I have to say I respect a lot of people like him and because I respect him a lot, I want to be nice in my answer. Tottenham Hotspur will be looking to put their recent troubles behind them when they take on Arsenal on Sunday afternoon. They are better away from home. He always seems to score against us. "I had another called (Diego) Milito, he played one season, he scored 30 goals, won three titles. The information contained in Goal.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Goal.com, The Portuguese boss has responded to Arsenal legend Paul Merson's suggestion that he doesn't get the best out of his centre-forwards, Maguire responds to Keane’s lack of leadership jibe, 'A slap in the face' - Bayern's Alaba opens up on contract talks, Pulisic joined by newcomers Reyna, De la Fuente & Musah in latest USMNT squad, Jurrien Timber: One half of the Ajax twins looking to follow in the De Boers' footsteps, Foden - From Iceland embarrassment to Man City's game-changer, €85m for Diallo & Kulusevski: How Atalanta became transfer market kings. The Ivorian hitman struck on 73 occasions while playing for the Portuguese tactician. We know what we are capable of doing, so Spurs will be very afraid, especially the Spurs defence that I saw against Newcastle. ", Copyright © 2020 Goal.com All rights reserved. Drogba, in fact, made 186 appearances under the manager, rather than scoring that many goals. During his playing days, Chelsea’s former hitman Didier Drogba always had a habit of scoring against the Gunners and Wright feels that Tottenham’s Kane also falls into that bracket. After analysing the England international's subdued performance during Friday's 1-1 draw with Manchester United, the former Gunners midfielder said: "I think he'll have a serious think at the end of the season. In other news, 'A real captain': Paolo Maldini is a huge fan of Everton linked star. Meanwhile, the likes of Karim Benzema and Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored 78 and 58 goals respectively under his watchful eye. Ian Wright stated on his personal YouTube channel that Arsenal can pick up the three points against Spurs, but he did highlight their dangerous players. Mourinho continued: "I had another guy who is also not bad, played for Juventus now [Ronaldo]. Go to your data and it’s easy to see how many matches he played with me and how many goals he scored before his injury.

Synodontis Lucipinnis Size, Stewart Parvin Partner, T Mobile Prepaid Login, David Zaslav East Hampton Home, More Love Lyrics, Paul Castellano Family Tree, 9 Months Casting Crane, Safari Tram For Sale, Jamaican Slang For Money, Sydney Brown 90210, R32 Refrigerant In Usa, The Real Junior Palaita, Space Words That Start With O, Recently Sold Homes In Burlington Ontario, How To Make Heat Proof Wall, Latest Audi Mmi Software Version, Shannon Dellacroce Grillo, The Guardian Weekly Student Subscription, European Hornet Queen Size, Civic Type R Engine Bay Cover, Tokyo Toni Husband, Gbgw Aegis Gundam, Campbell Biology 10th Edition Pdf Reddit, Alligator Juniper Furniture, Dayz Fishing Rod Extend, Rachid Yazami Net Worth, Corsair Virtuoso Ear Pads, But Strangely Your Mange Is The Same Meaning, Scott Michaels Helter Skelter, Aga Bai Sasubai Episode 49, Rude Monkey Gif, Udo Red Dot, Dale Vince House, What Is The Term For Continuing To Squeeze The Trigger After The Bullet Fires?,