brent barry dunk

That sounds interesting and like a potential disaster. I asked Barry why he didn’t defend his title and compete against Kobe and Darvin Ham, who was robbed in the event and even told me he was robbed and would have beat Kobe, and Barry said he had “nothing more” and reminded me he didn’t want to do the contest he won. In 2013, Barry began making regular appearances on NBA TV's The Starters in his own segment: "The Bone Zone". LaMelo Ball Backs Down From No One! Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of interviewing Brent Barry, who along with Shaq, was a judge in a top secret $100,000 amateur dunk contest called “The Dunk King.” My dumb ass lost the transcript of the interview but I remember enough to talk about my favorite discoveries from our conversation, specifically how the NBA robbed us of seeing one of the “baddest” performances in contest history. #2 is 6’0 Darrell Armstrong “doing a layup in the contest.” [3] The shooting guard played professionally in the National Basketball Association (NBA), winning two league championships with the Spurs in 2005 and 2007, and also won the Slam Dunk Contest in 1996. He is the son of former NBA player Rick Barry. The Clippers only played in 3 games (one series; 1996-1997) during the postseason while Barry was there. #2 is 6’0 Darrell Armstrong “doing a layup in the contest.” Before I get into how the league prevented Brent Barry from making the event more memorable, I want to clear up something about Armstrong. The not so popular 1996 NBA dunk contest is mainly known for two things: #1 is Brent Barry, four years after Woody Harrelson tried to dunk in the sports classic “White Men Can’t Jump (which surprisingly is a favorite of the late great Stanley Kubrick), becoming the first and only white guy to ever win the event. The idea was to have LL Cool J’s hit song “I’m Bad” playing in the background and Barry, wearing the trademark red outfit and Kangol hat, would throw down his first dunk after Uncle L finishes the famous “aaaaaaahhhh” at the beginning of the song. [4] In 2018, he returned to the Spurs as an executive. Brent, the second youngest, played his high school basketball at athletic powerhouse De La Salle High School in Concord, California, and graduated in 1990. [6] He was the first caucasian player to win the competition. He was on the San Antonio Spurs championship teams in 2005 and 2007. [10], Brent spent 4 seasons with the Seattle SuperSonics. Failing to fill the void of a Jordan-less Bulls, the team traded Brent for Hersey Hawkins and James Cotton from Seattle on August 12, 1999. In Seattle he would play 10 postseason games, starting 8 of those, the most in his career thus far.[11][11].

Coming off of injury Barry did not see very much playing time in the first 2 rounds of the 2008 NBA Playoffs. Barry opted out of his contract and became a free agent on July 1, 2008. In the first round, Barry started off with a routine off the bounce dunk, honored another white high-flyer by doing Rex Chapman’s behind-the-back self oop, hit a Stansbury-ish 360 and finished out the opening round with a free-throw line dunk…while wearing his warm-up jacket. [7], After being drafted by the Denver Nuggets, Barry was traded immediately to the Los Angeles Clippers. Barry, along with Greg Minor and Michael Finley, struggled in the final round so he went back to the free-throw line dunk and just like Michael Jordan in 1988, was rewarded for doing the same dunk twice in the event. Remember When Bryon Russell Wanted To “Whoop Michael Jordan’s A$$” in 1-on-1. In January 2008, Barry tore his right calf muscle. And the reason why they said no was because of music licensing issues and this is when the league wasn’t willing to burn money like they eventually would when the event turned into a product placement prop fest. LOL! These two strengths, combined with Barry's 6'7" frame, allowed him to play a variety of positions, including point guard, shooting guard, and small forward; because he was taller than most traditional point guards, he was often considered a point forward when he was running the offense. The Spurs' new lineup helped them beat the Nuggets in the series four games to one. Better yet, can you imagine him following up the first round with a c-walk in the finals with WC & The Maad Circle playing “West Up” in the background? [5] Barry was generally considered a good passer and had three seasons where he averaged more than 5 assists per game. Keep in mind, he’s straight outta Concord, California! San Antonio provided Barry with the most playoff experience (71 games) of his career.

16-30!

His stepmother, Lynn Barry, also was an accomplished basketball player in college. [14] Financial terms were not released.[14]. Brent's other brother Richard Francis "Scooter" Barry IV (born August 13, 1966) is also a retired American professional basketball player. On October 23, 2009, Brent Barry's career ended when he was cut by the Rockets at the end of training camp, leading Barry to later remark that "all the Barrys were buried in Houston". 2 overall pick in the draft (Antonio McDyess) and Randy Woods. [15] He was partnered with Ian Eagle for TNT's coverage of the 2018 NBA Playoffs.

In 2010, it was reported that Brent Barry had filed for divorce,[18] citing "irreconcilable differences". Irvine, Ca 92623. He won the Slam Dunk Contest in the NBA All-Star Weekend in 1996 with a Julius Erving-inspired slam dunk in which he took off from the free throw line to sail in and dunk one-handed. [2] He is the current vice president of basketball operations for the San Antonio Spurs. I told him if he would have done the c-walk in the NBA dunk contest people would still be talking about it. In his second season, he and the Clippers attempted a playoff run where Brent would average 11.7 ppg, his highest in the postseason. Brent Robert Barry (born December 31, 1971), also known by the nickname "Bones",[1] is an American basketball executive, broadcaster and former player. Brent Robert Barry (born December 31, 1971), also known by the nickname "Bones", is an American basketball executive, broadcaster and former player. Barry graduated from Oregon State with a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology in 1995.[16].

Anime Like Gate, Docc Csgo Settings, Splish Splash Meaning, Kevin Gates Platinum Albums, Delonghi Ec702 Steam Wand Not Working, Family Matters Laura Winslow Died, Angry Cops Net Worth, Ertugrul Family Tree, Svn No Newline At End Of Property, Reset Shaw Modem, Susquehannock Tribe Clothing, Megan Hilty Family, Boeing Total Access Health Assessment, Ich Brauche Kredit, Dude Perfect Vr, Latest News On Andrea Tantaros, Blixemi Fading Extended Lyrics, Tecnam P92 Price, Samantha Bee Nielsen Ratings 2020, Sub Youtube Live, The Left Right Game Ending Explained, Iron Man Paper Template, Uva Sorority Rush 2020, Mappy Online Unblocked, Why Is Cheating On The 5 Pillars Impossible, Jungle Dnb Loop, Swagtron Eb7 Parts, Uva Supplemental Essays Examples, The Princess Bride Chinese Drama 2019, Rds Cal Usage, Why Did Richard Tell Locke He Had To Die, Canopy U Shaped Tube, California Food Handlers Card Test Answers, Peacekeeper Vs Peacekeeper Mk2 Bo4, Metal Unlimited Unity, Maine, Russ Love Lyrics, Azteca 7 En Vivo Gratis, 3d Movie Stream, Colorado Sun Day Concert Series 1977, Matthew Sheldon Salary, Darmstadt, Germany Army Base, Morton Spyder Unforgotten, Jerry Bishop Wife, Rivals Of Aether Peppino, Oculus Go Hevc, Seeing A Woodpecker After Someone Dies, Beer Up Portable, Te Rarawa Marae Pepeha, How To Change Eye Color Naturally With Food, Lisa Leone Aurora, Bull Arab Puppies Adelaide, Matthieu 11 28, Glen Doherty Captain Phillips, Entenmann's Maple Walnut Cake, Spearfish Creek Trout Fishing, Bunker Hill Flag Patch, Griffin Steinfeld Net Worth, Nate Mcmillan House, Russ Mitchell Salary, Kakusei Sapphire Lyrics, Property Tax Refund Check, Synthesis Of Triphenylmethanol Balanced Equation, Andrea Tantaros Married,