boeing layoffs reddit
A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. Losers get brought out back. I worried about the same thing too. But that’s just my opinion. /s. They put her in the same office she was already working in. If you're in the engineers union, SPEEA, layoffs are according to a tiered system with the lowest rung laid off first, then a reranking of the remaining employees to again fill (and possibly empty) the lowest rung. My understanding was it mostly happened in OKC & STL sites, but we have a few here. Layoffs typically target specific business units and of those organizations, specific locations, job codes, and levels. I’m in the same boat. Actually I’m about to start working at Boeing in Washington and while researching my new position (engineering), I learned that Boeing has regularly had layoffs. But obviously someone who’s been here for 10,15,20 years has been doing something of value, which would lead to a higher retention rating, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Talks like that with the company r always confidential. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. No not at all. I’ve been told that age/years of service isn’t supposed to affect them. So it made me nervous about starting there. But then I did more research and realized that every large company had layoffs and the opportunity outweighs the risk. Found this: http://www.boeing.com/company/general-info/#/employment-data, Since Jan 1, BCA reduced by 3.3%... BDS slight increase .7%. On one hand I feel like new hires are cheap but we're probably also the least valuable so the most expendable. We had a couple of layoff notifications come through here in Washington BDS programs. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! http://www.boeing.com/company/general-info/#/employment-data, http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-job-cuts-this-year-could-reach-10-percent/. /s. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I've been at Boeing six years and I have only seen one layoff. My mom once had to take a janitorial job there to avoid layoffs. Do they target the most senior people? Nothing huge, but "a handful" (I only personally know one individual). Yes, a few all across BDS sights. If a given program has lots of work, people in it are usually safe. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The aircraft maker had already announced … Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! I'm hesitant to ask anyone in my office about this though because the topic seems really taboo. Press J to jump to the feed. Supposedly last date would be sometime out in August/Sept. Again, this has been my experience and I'm certainly not privy to the actual selection process. Note: I know Boeing is currently cutting jobs big time right now due to the pandemic, I'm just planning in advance. Seattle Times staff reporters Boeing told employees Wednesday that almost 7,000 of them will receive layoff notices this week. Also, they don't just let people go randomly. My chances in getting hired is slim to none considering I have no experience whatsoever but my Dad-who is an electrician for Boeing-suggested I go school and get a degree for whatever postion I … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Most of BCA's employment drops were due to retirement and natural attrition. Press J to jump to the feed. I'm guessing though that if layoffs were to come through, the company may offer VLOs or Voluntary Layoffs first. And I don't want to spread rumors. And layoffs are across the skill (I.e. Here you can share videos, ... We had quite a few layoffs in long beach on Friday. Cookies help us deliver our Services. New York (CNN Business) Boeing laid off 6,770 workers Wednesday, part of a plan to reduce 16,000 total jobs because of the rapid decrease in … That is just my perception of things. That was a fun first day back from an 18 day holiday! If a given program has lots of work, people in it are usually safe. Was there a big Boeing layoff this past week in Washington State, if so why? I've been curious about this too. Or a particular program. r/boeing: A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. I’d be quitting a really great job to go somewhere where I could get laid off in a year? r/boeing: A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Press J to jump to the feed. The newest people with the least experience? Ah gotcha. Do they lay people off from a particular program when it ends? It seems counterintuitive for a company to lay someone off that they’ve recently invested in. They toss a ham in the ring and make you wrestle for it. Last one in the door is first out the door. If you are in a union, then it is seniority based. I've been at Boeing six years and I have only seen one layoff. If not in a union, it is either whoever is a meritocracy or completely political. New York (CNN Business) Boeing announced it will cut an additional 7,000 jobs as its losses continue to mount following a plunge in revenue. Typically high performers move up away from the danger zone and low performers don't. Also, they don't just let people go randomly. What about retention ratings? July 22nd was the last day for many people who agreed to be voluntarily laid off earlier this year. They were mostly salaried positions on programs shutting down, or being made redundant. There was an article earlier this year in Seattle Times Boeing was planning to shrink in Puget Sound http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-job-cuts-this-year-could-reach-10-percent/. A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. specific job function) within major business unit (BCA, BDS, BGS), so if your project goes away and they're left with too many of a particular job type, they lay off in that skill, not the displaced employees specifically. Boeing does not have yearly layoffs, I wouldn't worry. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. For SPEEA, if those discussions r going on, the executive board would know, however they wouldn't be able to talk about it until right b4 it's made public. I have also seen people who were laid off come back after things get better. My grandpa, retired Air Force and from Boeing said Boeing used to be a tough place to work but they took care of there own. A lot of people have been asking me about them and the offical word is there is nothing out there. Boeing is massive so this may not translate to other groups. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. They try to do everything possible to avoid folks losing their jobs, like offering VLO (Voluntary Layoffs) and/or trying to place people who get notices in other positions. He’s hated all the CEO’s since the one before Jim McNerney. A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. The people making the most money? They try to do everything possible to avoid folks losing their jobs, like offering VLO (Voluntary Layoffs) and/or trying to place people who get notices in other positions. It still all comes down to where a person sits in retention ratings.

Ruptures Saison 1, Ken Thompson Net Worth, 45 Colt Load Data Ruger, Brooke Nevin Nbc, Muttiah Muralitharan Wife Hospital, How To Contact Roland Martin Unfiltered, Nymphaea Thermarum For Sale, My Paycheck Login, How To Replace Forward Slash In Java, Persona 4 Mind Charge Skill Card, Write An Analytical Essay In Which You Use A Critical Lens To Explain One Element Of Hamlet, Who Are The Yanks In An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge, Ccm Goalie Pads, Ipad Ubuntu Utm, Bj Baldwin Wife Death, Kewsong Lee Family, Louise Speed Age, Bachche Man Ke Sachche Lyrics In English, Dennis Schroder Wife, Santiago Zabala Shapermint, Used Surefire X300, Transformers 8 2023, Kurt Coleman Las Vegas, Serene Life Rising Flow Paddle Board, Red Nose Gator Pitbull, Jonathan Breck Wife, Google Pixel 4 Stuck On Google Screen, Replica Retro Football Shirts, Black And Decker Manual Air Cooler, Amazon Liquidation Europe, Brian Finneran Net Worth, Dragon Ball Super Fanfiction Crossover, Twitch Rivals Minecraft, Cadet Kelly And Jennifer Fanfiction, Jill Zarin Wikipedia, Types Of Rain In The Bible, Fantasia Arcade Game Android, Ejercicios Verbos Irregulares Español Pdf, Recetas Con Yuca Cruda Rallada, Sotn High Jump Librarian, Figure 8 Fitness Dvd Amazon, Jennifer Coolidge Accent, Racist Song Lyrics, Chloe Coleman Wiki, Savage 10 Ba Stealth, Growing Up In Nigeria Essay, How Old Is Jeff Lowe And Wife, Connor Mcdavid Cottage, Idioms And Phrases Related To Childhood, Three Things That Scare Me Essay,