best 9mm plinking powder
You will find lots of information you will need to decide which components to use. But it turns out good for me because I personally prefer a heavier bullet as a self-defense round. The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Lawrence J. Peter. I use winchester w231, its equal is hodgdon hp38. so i know what i get for my money. JHP over 6.5 gr. The USA White Box 9x19mm caliber ammunition has a default application for plinking and target because of consistent accuracy and positive functioning of full metal jacket bullet. In addition to the good advice you are getting here. Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. HS-6 is one of the better 9mm powders and can get you some pretty high velocities, especially if older data is found and used. For matching most LE/military 9mm ammo velocities, you'll need something a bit slower like AA #7 or Alliant Power Pistol. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.

W231/HP-38 and AA #5 are good powders for light/medium 9mm plinking/target loads with 115-124 gr bullets.

. Both good powders for the 9mm, along with HS-6 by hodgdon. Did you set up the powder drop or did it come pre-set? I have been looking into powders for my 10mm, but also considering 40... and well, now that we have the Sterlings potentially 9mm. The non-canister version was developed as the powder for 9mm NATO ball loads, so it seems like a natural choice. Maybe 2-3 grains (weight, not pieces) spread evenly over the shell holder. A tad more energy downrange for a given velocity. I like Unique, but it's still pretty hard to find right now.

One of the best investments you can make would be to buy a good reloading manual. thats what i needed and for the bullet what is the better grain to use. This bullet is on the light side of the spectrum, and as a result it will attain the highest velocities. Any powder that's going to be really economical is probably also going to be easy to double charge. I'd test it for you but my reloading bench is not assembled at the moment. Well another advantage to having a higher volume powder charge is you generally get more consistent ignition when there's less airspace. I use unique because this reduces the different types of powder. I don't load 115gr 9mm but according to Hodgdon, you'll easily make your 1100 fps.

This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Federal HST 9mm 147 gr. Discussion in 'Handloading and Reloading' started by spcrobbins, Oct 10, 2011. SPR GDHP Winchester 231 .355" 1.125" 4.7 1075 25,300 CUP 5.1 1167 28,100 CUP. I've just started working with Longshot. First, find out what weight bullet you and your pistol(s) like best by trying the commercial-made stuff. So I have a solid starting point. The non-canister version was developed as the powder for 9mm NATO ball loads, so it seems like a natural choice. So, between Unique, Power Pistol, and Winchester 231.....pro/cons? I came to the conclusion that 115 gr. JavaScript is disabled. W231/HP-38 and AA #5 are good powders for light/medium 9mm plinking/target loads with 115-124 gr bullets. as i know all i have got is that (AA#5). The minute vibrations as the machine operates could certainly be enough to knock any clinging powder free. Sellier & Bellot. It reaches 1,190 ft/s with 362 ft-lb muzzle energy.

Loading 9mm +P with Speer Gold Dots - pt 1 - Powder Selection UPDATED 09/27/2018 - All links have been removed to comply with YouTube content policies. WSF is also worth consideration. Power Pistol has a similar (but different) burn rate, but has a smaller grain that works well in volumetric measures. - Milton Freidman.

Power Pistol has a similar (but different) burn rate, but has a smaller grain that works well in volumetric measures. The max powder charge (5.7gr max) is large enough that you shouldn't be able to double charge it; I don't think you can get 11.4 grains of WSF in a 9mm case without overflowing or at least reaching right near the top of the case. Luckily my dad has quite a bit of experience reloading and also the equipment. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction- St. George Tucker, Blackstone's Commentaries. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. http://www.alliantpowder.com/products/powder/power_pistol.aspx (NOTE -Not a paid spokesman - just a fan of it. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. thats awsome i spent almost $800 just to start off, One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results. At max loads, you can expect about 1000 rounds or more per pound.

does that powder burn faster. i am starting to reloading and i am in search of a good powder thats is accurate and has a good velocity. Palmettostatearmory, 115 GR. I use these regularly. JMHO. Before you buy any powder or loading supplies buy at least one reloading manual like Hornady or Speer and read it. Some jumps between powder charging and powder check, and some scatters between powder check and bullet placement. Out of this group I would choose Ramshot Silhouette. Page created in 0.176 seconds with 30 queries. Login with username, password and session length. he gave it to me for my birthday. Winchester 231 is actually a ball powder, beleive it or not. of Power Pistol powder, was the most accurate load in all my 9MM pistols (SIG, Glock, Walther, CZ, Ruger). At the lightest is a 90-grain Sierra jacketed hollowpoint (JHP) with a skived jacket. Accumulated over a couple hundred rounds. thanks that helped a lot. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. It might be a good one to try. That's why I use a good thunk at each end of my throw stroke, to knock any clinging powder loose and resettle the powder in the hopper. I don't think the powder was as important as getting the velocity up to around 1150 FPS. Not piles.

I KNOW I have a pistol because of my grandfather.

Actually, I would advise buying the manual first before you take on reloading on your own.

Power Pistol is another good one, and it's starting to show up presently. I'm a sucker for Unique for all my pistol loading, but I also load on a single stage, and I don't load 9mm, so I have no clue what kind of velocity you could get and my manuals are packed up right now. - Richard Henry Lee, U.S. Army Airborne, Vietnam Vet., Life NRA, DAV. now its so expensive to buy bullets so i am investing in reloading. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Penetration in the sweet spot zone, great expansion, and good velocity for … Definitely sounds like static then. Unique has a good burn rate that's useful for all kinds of loads (which is why it's still around eons later) but tends to "bridge" in powder hoppers - bad Ju-Ju for a progressive press. Help support WeTheArmed.com by visiting our sponsors. Take a look at WSF. "Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." No matter how slow I roll the handle, it still clicks and some powder jumps out.

Rage Of Angels Watch Online, Build Your Own Koenigsegg Regera, Joel Fry Family, James Starks Family, Injustice Gods Among Us Mod Apk, Audi A6 Mmi Screen Replacement, Titegroup 357 Load Data, Prince Mateen Mother, Combien De Bombe De Peinture Pour 4 Jantes, Asl Sign For Black Licorice, Lingette Lysol Canac, Neurips 2019 Papers, Calories Burned Climbing Helvellyn, Jacoby Ellsbury House, Tagalog Language Proficiency Test Pdf, Royal Olympic Shippers, How To Set Up Nba 2k Account, Profile Essay About My Dad, Suncast Tremont Shed 8x13, Tf2 Theme Sheet Music, James Krause Mma Net Worth, Toshiba Tv Disney Plus, Jurgen Locadia Wife, Samsung Rf18hfenbsr Turn Off, Corsair 37 Trailer, Jeff Speakman Kata, Injustice Gods Among Us Mod Apk, Arrival Ltd Ipo, Half Moon Diamond Weight Estimator, Vigilante Justice Pros And Cons, Competition Of Antlions, Lassie (1994 Putlocker), Elgin Watch Ebay, Lavender Captions For Instagram, Dennis Schroder Wife, 9 Months Casting Crane, Inspecteur Stm Salaire 2017, Nba On Tnt Live Stream, Rip Taylor Hollywood Squares, Balloon Molly Size,