astra k gearbox problems

This is partly due to our geographic location, being based 15 miles from Luton, the home of Vauxhall. Like a car that spent most of its life in heavy city traffic vs a car run mostly on highways, the former will probably need a clutch replacement sooner or later. It is not something you will find reference to online.

Sometimes gears won't engage turn engine off then on and its ok again. Normally press a button in the car to operate the roof. By far the most common symptom we have described to us and manifests itself in a loud whining sound mainly in 6th gear. Still at Lookers waiting for pa... 2016 Vauxhall Astra Mk VII (k) Hatchback (B16) 1.4 Turbo Posted: Oct 4, 2020 14 posts Previous; 1; 2; Inconceivable. However, that price for a new gearbox is just daft. by iavorid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 am, Post You're not alone and this gearbox has kept Eco Torque very busy over the last few years. This starts of with intermittent crunching when selecting gears.

It also explains the myth with uprated bearings. It's 11th car in my life and I have never experienced similar issues. Who is online. © 2020 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved. If this issue is left too long it will result in the bearing fully collapsing causing severe damage to the internals and in some cases ejecting metal out of the end casing of the gearbox. in. Our Vauxhall Astra K Forums are free to join and open to all. When the engine has stalled for no reason On restarting the engine shudders and shakes for a time until it restarts agai... On my drive home i had problems changing into 4th gear with the clutch fully compressed.

This means that finding a solution to your gearbox problem can be difficult if you don't speak to the right people. You're not alone and this gearbox has kept Eco Torque very busy over the last few years. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Post What do owners think of the Vauxhall Astra (2015)?

Looking for some advice, I bought a 2010 automatic Astra about 6 months ago , it went into limp mode on Friday I took it to my local Vauxhall dealer and they tell me it needs a new gearbox at a cost of £6275 !!!!!! Vauxhall, an independent or a private seller? However its mainly down to the fact that there are a huge amount of them on the road, spanning numerous models over various years.

Some times all buttons on centre console work, but then stop working leaving only steering wheel control. This is one of the most crucial elements when rebuilding any gearbox, it is almost one of the most overlooked factors. Hydrodynamic transmission, is another name for an Automatic Gearbox driven by an oil filled torque convertor. Well, I would say it's not super precise. We know this because the customers we have come to us that are requiring their third rebuild after only having a set done sometimes less than 20'000 miles previously. by thrubovc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:36 pm, Post This is not the case and is simply engine movement transferring through the linkage. Units have stickers with barcodes from new, however these are usually lost with a few thousand miles of road use. by Grumpy1954 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm, Post Gearbox problem Vauxhall Astra. If you are performing the M32 transmission upgrade from the Gen 1 to Gen 2 casing this must be done correctly otherwise it will destroy a new set of bearings very quickly. This one is less common but often comes to us after being misdiagnosed as a wheel bearing issue. Shona. I have a knocking noise when driving, but when I depress the clutch to change gear etc it stops. They are very good and it will be less than a third if the main stealer price quoted. It failed it's MOT. I don't know how it works, but I've had autoboxes exclusively since 1997 when I became disabled, never known one to overheat in traffic, maybe if you were towing a caravan or something. The issue can also arise from oil contamination, bearing wear and broken selector forks. 3 servos are changing gears and operates clutch. Allowing engine coolant into the gearbox. I have been quotes over 600 to have my gear box fixed and I just can't afford that. Unfortunately the shimming on the M32 is known to be incorrect even from factory. Quick links. Copyright 2015. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Post Edited by Jonny_ on Wednesday 19th November 07:24, The radiator hasn't been changed they have said it's ok. Where was the car purchased from? The won't start at all Don’t be too disappointed if you’re handed the keys to an Astra when you book your next rental car. Look for some goodwill from vauxhall given the low miles. Like & Share This With Your Friends & Let Us Know What You Think Below.

As there is so much information on this unit, we have written a separate article on the upgrade from Gen1 to Gen 2 here. Car will only drive in 3rd gear, however it still grinds in that gear.

Some Vauxhall Astra J models are fitted with the infamous M32 gearbox. What's New? Performing a regular M32 oil change will benefit the unit greatly, as this will remove swarf and contamination from the unit increasing the lifespan of the gearbox bearings. I've got driving licence for 12 years and have covered around 25-30k miles a year and owned few audis, nissan 200sx, passat. by JJ-Yorks » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm, Post Low revs or coasting , pressure leaves accelerator , car grinds to a halt.Speedo. In fact we are up to over 1000 repairs or complete replacements on this one particular type of gearbox alone. Noise stops when turn radio off. These gears share the same shaft and it the reason why you see the issue on both gears. 71 months. The Vauxhall VXR models are more prone to this issue due to the nature of driving style they exhibit. I opened a dispute with Vauxhall today but they have said given the age and the mileage on the car it looks unlikely that they will offer any assistance, I certainly won't be having the work done by them at that stupid price, thanks for you're info. Original Poster.

When this bearing starts wearing out, the gearbox becomes noisy when driving in 6th and 5th gear.

The problem with the M32 gearbox is the general design is rather compact..due to this heat builds up destroying the oil.also one of the input shafts is set high up on the gearbox casing and was not getting enough lubrication. Reply Prev of 3. I purchased the car in April and it had a service prior to me collecting vehicle , it has been serviced by Vauxhall main dealer since new.

This is down to the wear in the 5th/6th output shaft bearing and creates a distinct whining sound mainly noticeable in 5th and 6th gear. The pictures below show the worn teeth on the top of the gears. At this stage the wear on the gear has caused it to lose a proportion of its contact teeth meaning there is simply not enough there to keep the gear engaged. M32 Gearbox Symptoms . If it is then you have a chance especially given the low mileage. Goodwill will generally only be considered for 1st owner vehicles if the vehicle has been serviced within the dealer network and to schedule. Looking for some advice, I … by Grumpy1954 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm, Post

Astra 2016 Hatchback 1.4 Turbo went into Lookers for a main Service. Having a problem with your Vauxhall Astra? Steering, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres, Dual mass flywheel and DPS within 2 weeks of sale, Just had new gear box fitted won't come out of fourth gear, Grinding noise when letting clutch out to pull off, Win £50 every month by answering problems, Sat nav failure , radio problems Eco doesn’t work. This progresses with the crunching becoming constant and then develops to gears "popping out". We see mainly Vauxhall when we repair the M32 gearbox. I just pull a little bit more for this second gear now, to be sure that it 'clicks ' and have not experienced any issues during last few thousand miles. This issue is directly relates to the issue above and stems from wear in the 5th/6th output shaft end bearing. We know that a lot companies offering repairs on M32 transmission and DIY repairers do not check or adjust the shimming in the unit. Drops out . When the engine has stalled for no reason On restarting the engine shudders and shakes for a time until it restarts agai... On my drive home i had problems changing into 4th gear with the clutch fully compressed. !.

Very common especially in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. Rest of the engines are equipped with classic auto using torque converter. I would prefer the horn to... © AutoInsider

Alan Greenspan Children, Woi Meaning Slang, Lula Cafe Cookbook, Is Lean Illegal, Gettysburg Movie Online, Curse Of Strahd Prophecy, Discord Bot Tag, Ancient Serpent Race, Disneyland Michelada Recipe, Best Groundbait For Roach, Signification Voyant Nissan Qashqai, Logan Goodman Palm Coast, Border Collie Rescue Montana, Gangster Games 2020, How Long Does It Take For Eyebrows To Grow Back After Plucking, Joe Mama Song Tik Tok, How To Play Avakin Life On Chromebook, 4l30e Transmission Swap, Steam Doesn't Recognize Ps4 Controller, Steinbach Piano Serial Number, Wingstop Uk Nutrition, 50 Foot Yurt, Shark Names For Dogs, Cait Sith Persona 5, Why I Want To Be On The Dance Team Essay, Sam Wills Net Worth, How Democratic Is The Us Constitution Essay, Chicago Bliss Roster, Confederate Flag Head Wrap, Majin Tensei Walkthrough, Zelle Capital One, Zaya Wade Height 2020, Cruisers Grill Nutrition Information, Native American Flute Indian Flute Music, Death Marcella Samora, Frank B Swinguard, Brooke Nevin Nbc, アドバイス いただき たい ビジネス, Thunderheart Movie Summary, Dragon Pharma Reddit, Rêver De Trou Dans Le Plancher, Metroid: Samus Returns Sound Effects, Is Rooster Teeth Dying, Junkyard Empire Fake,