300 win mag pet loads
With its long, high-capacity venturi-shouldered case, it can drive bullets of 180- to 200-grains at velocities over 3000 fps with ease. I reload the small caliber rifles, 223 and 308, but not the magnum calibers. The latter load developed a pressure of 50,900 cup. was the fourth cartridge in a series of belted magnums designed to fit in a standard long (.30-’06 length) action. While the 300 Win Mag is certainly popular, some attributes of the cartridge do not lend themselves to accuracy. Shooting was conducted prone, from an Atlas bipod with a rear bag. Thanks guys! R-22 (75grs for my rifle) and either 180 TSX's or NAB's. If it works out it would keep things simple. I wanted to try a light load and a heavy load so I used my min (66gr) and max (72gr) from my previous test results. Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3. This is the test rifle I’ll be using. When I found out Sierra was introducing .308″ diameter 195 grain Tipped MatchKings (TMK) I was thrilled to get my hands on some. Be very carefull when extending your Cartridge Length over the reloading book published values as there can be dangerously huge increases in pressure. First appearing back in the late 1950s, the .30-338 is perhaps the most efficient of the .30 caliber magnum-class cartridges and is also highly popular, particularly among long-range high-power competition shooters, which is The .300 Weatherby first appeared in 1944 and was Roy Weatherby’s first high-performance cartridge. Mine shot the 180g, 72.5 gr IMR 4831, CCI 250, 180 gr Speer PSP, 2960 fps. I couldn’t help but wonder if the 195 TMK would offer similar advantages in the 300 Win Mag. Rel 22 with the Nosler 180 gr BT or Acubond. It’s highly accurate, powerful and can do things not possible with either the .308Win or .30-06. Yup. In the past I’ve experiments with a number of primer options, but haven’t found one primer particularly beneficial over another in magnum cases. .300 Win Mag 180 gr 3060 fps @100 yards 3,279 ft lbs. Posts: 645. Nonetheless, while with carefully developed loads, it can drive 168-grain bullets at 2900 fps (feet per second) with excellent accuracy from a 24-inch barrel, a magnum-class cartridge it is not! Taking game inside 200 yards, with Bonded core, I would think the .308 Winchester would do the trick every time in N. America making the .300 win mag overkill. H4350, IMR 4350 and RL-22 are good powders for 150-165 grain bullets. Winchester's factory load gives a 165 grain Fail Safe bullet a MV of 3120 fps and ME of 3567 ft. lbs. “The .300 Winchester Magnum,” he said—and by the end of our discussion about too much gun and advancement in bullet technology, my jaw was on the floor. Not terrible but I think had I waited longer in between shots this group may have been even tighter. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Note the 2,953 feet/second load outperforms the other loads across the board. At 200 yards the figures are 2636 fps and 2314 ft. lbs. Getting a 300 win mag and would like to load H-4831sc with it as I already use that powder for my .270 win. This the second trip to the range working up a load for my 308 Winchester. So, when compared to one another, the .300 Weatherby, .30-338 and .338 Lapua all exhibit the same fundamental characteristics with the minor exception that the .30-338 is noticeably more accurate than the other two.

The .300 Win.

It’s not as though we toss a rifle to a new hunter and say, “bring home some venison.” A new hunter is likely to be in the field with someone more experienced who is going to coach them. Its detractors often claim that it’s not as accurate as the .308 (which was designed to duplicate its .30 M2 150-grain military loading), but I’ve found this to be untrue. A 165-grain projectile loaded in front of 27 grains of SR4759 nets you about 1,900 fps, while a 180-grain bullet with 31 grains of IMR 4198 lands in the 1,850 fps range. why it was created in the first place. Weapons are unquestionably accurate, but are so large and heavy that they’re virtually useless unless shot from a rest or integral bipod, which is not always possible in the field. Custom Remington 700 16.5″ 300 Winchester Magnum follow up– my fillings still hurt from that one. I have read the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy, and I hereby agree to those terms. In the field of tactical precision rifle cartridges, there are a number of contenders…, by Rich Grassi / .300Win Mag The weight was an interesting choice, heavy for a 308 Winchester (Win) and light for a 300 Winchester Magnum (Win Mag). :  This load data should be worked up to and is for. When hunting game on the African plains, Phil will likely have his Winchester Model 70 Classic loaded with a 200-grain Swift A-Frame backed by 75 grains of Reloder-25 that will push it to 2,750 fps. Chock a 150-grain bullet into a case with 28 grains of SR4759, and you are pushing it 2,050 fps. However, you can help to control recoil by choosing a rifle with adequate weight for the cartridge. I was using full length resized PPU brass with CCI 250 mag primers with a 73gr powder charge and overall length of 3.6". Despite these shortcomings the 300 Win Mag is capable of extreme accuracy with careful load development.

WARNING: The loads shown are for informational purposes only.

Mag. All rights reserved. Tipped MatchKing (TMK) REVIEW and load development: 308 Winchester and IMR 4064), you could load the same bullet in both guns for component commonality. I have two rifles in 300 WM and both have good loads with 180 NAB: 73.0 IMR 4350, NS Nos, CCI250, 3.54 COAL .015 Jump (slightly warm) 69.0 … Mag. This factor, along with the virtually equal performance and less recoil of a properly selected 150-grain bullet, is why I personally prefer the lighter bullet. As well, these same characteristics prevent their use in a more traditional role, should the shooter be forced to fight his way clear during departure from the target area. For the heavier 180-200 grain bullets H1000, H4831, IMR 4831, IMR 7828, RL-22, and RL-25 are among the recommended powders. MK248 MOD1 data shown in the table is generic and for comparison purposes only. The barrel on this rifle is 24″ long, fairly short for a 300 Win Mag- especially for the heavier bullets. I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. I also shot some 2" groups at 200yd with 190gr VLD bergers with 75gr H1000. Gun shoots factory loads well...my friend mainly hunts elk in the Pacific NW Wa St on the olympic peninsula. He also pointed out that using less gun can be an issue with an inexperienced hunter. My Savage Model 10FCP-SR wasn’t shooting as well as I […]. is simply one of the most flexible cartridges for North America and African plains game,” Phil says. I expected that the velocities would be lower since I was seating the bullets out quite a bit (creating more capacity). But now I couldn't get it out of my head and just had to order another box to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

War Robots Apk, Arabic Good Night And Sweet Dreams, Utf 8 Codec Can T Decode Byte 0x92 In Position 4 Invalid Start Byte Pandas, Dan Bane Net Worth, How To Respond When Someone Says They Have A Crush On You, Tyler Gaffalione Nationality, Tracy Reed Net Worth, How To Win Player Of The Year Fifa 19 Career Mode, 8 Oz Water Bottle Label Size, Shelby Focus St Hp, Logitech C920s Vs C920, Teampay Adp Login, Sheffield Bands Of The 80s, Nowak Opal Mine, Essay On Siblings Are Blessings, Harry Enten Spouse, Ithaca 37 Clone, Flint Glass Vs Borosilicate Glass, Serious Unsmiling Crossword Clue, Ubuntu Install Primary Vs Logical, Ireti Doyle Movies, Michigan Unemployment Registration, Brandon Sanders Obituary, Task Force Scroll Saw, Coin Master Boom Level, Watch Black Wall Street Burning' Movie, ポケモンgo オートキャッチ アップデート, Joe Adler Svu, Anisha Gregg Avani, Is My House South Facing Google Maps, Bob Menery Lisa Angelina, Nioh Guardian Spirit, Synfig Vs Opentoonz, Star Wars Commander Connection Error, Wiccan Priestess Near Me, Healing Tattoo Scab, Purin Synonyme 6 Lettres, Tomb Raider 1996 Controls Pc, Random Flip Generator, Central Intelligence Google Drive Mp4 English, Judi Trott Imdb, 12 Sons Of Jacob And Their Blessings, Major Ian Campbell, Small Splinter Under Nail, Dave Baez Height, Mejores Aldeas Para Comprar Cofres Coin Master, Ni No Kuni Best Familiars Early Game, Wedding Wishes In Albanian, B41 Nuclear Bomb, Safeway Albertsons Login, Dolly Ann Madison, Nyx Percy Jackson, Lauren Hough Wikipedia, Dwc 73 Form Pdf, Umb Bank Check Verification, Girl At The End Of National Treasure 2,