2007 ford edge transmission shudder

Average repair cost is $600 at 101,200 miles. There were no flames visible.

The vehicle was driven back to the contact's residence where the engine was turned off. Original tires(pirelli) were separating. The sticker prices of these trucks should be a bunch less since cheaply produced chinese parts are so prevalently used. Having problems with the Transmission it seems to shudder when traveling speeds of 3-55.It is apparent when your applying the gas you must release the gas petal or the transmission will get stuck and will not allow you to move out of a speed or downshift. Had transmission fluid checked, level was perfect. The vehicle was being repaired. My transmission shudders at 40 miles per hour and 75 miles per hour. The contact stated when driving at approximately 4o mph the contact stated when accelerating I would feel a loss of pressure and the vehicle was shaking. Have been a Ford owner all my life and am completely dis-satisfied with the performance of this supposed number one selling truck.

All maintenance has been performed with top of the line products. Then coming home on the highway tonight the car went into safely mode causing the car to stop on a dime. Transmission shudders between 5th and 6th gear. I've been waiting for more than a year to have the problem fixed. Replaced all eight coil packs which fixed the problem. problems related to transmission shudder (under the power train category). Has been going on for almost 3 years.

I have to shut over drive off to get it to unlock to stop shuddering,  if it is locked and not shuddering under acceleration, it will lock and unlock raising and lowering the rpms 200 rpms while doing that, Let me proceed my comment by saying I do not recommend the following actions. Became increasingly worrisome very fast. (98. Love Field Auto in Dallas (yelp). I finally took it to my mechanic and he told me he thinks it is the torque converter. Solving the Problem. The transmission seems to "shudder" when upshifting or downshifting at speeds between 35-55 mph. They didn't charge me at all so I don't think they ever did anything. The Transmission Seems To “shudder” When Upshifting Or Downshifting At Speeds Between 35-55 Mph.

He hooked up the computer and (we) took it for test drive.

There should be a recall on this issue to fix the problem. Transmission Shudder problem of the 2007 Ford Edge 1. Sign up for a new account in our community. The car shudders and engine detunes for a few seconds.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME:

statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Ford F-150. My 2007 just started doing it.

The edge still does it. Owned vehicle less than one year. When driving between 40-50 mph the suv vibrates or shudders. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Ford Edge, Automatic Transmission Control Module problems, Automatic Transmission Torque Converter problems.

The transmission shudder is an intermittent problem. I have since done this twice more and now have 164,545 miles on the vehicle. Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. Once you stop you are pretty much done. If you are driving a 2007 Ford EDGE, or if you are planning to purchase one, then it is important that you review reported Power Train Automatic Transmission problems and defects. The Ford dealership ran a diagnostic and determined that the pcu had overheated and the cylinder coils melted. The approximate failure mileage was 113,000. BMW i3 Range Extender Lawsuit Certified in California, read stories from drivers who praise our work. CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Ford needs to make this right and recall these parts before some is hurt or even killed. Right away, we noticed the car shaking, not much power, and it was sputtering along. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved.

For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy.

Did you speak with the service manager/dealership manager? ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. By Please also check out the Especially in warmer southern climates.

Also Chris Murphy's Automotive in Dallas (repairpal). Transmission Shudder problems of the 2007 Ford Edge Two problems related to transmission shudder have been reported for the 2007 Ford Edge. It does this almost every time now. He said since it's not that bad and the end result is going to be a transmission rebuild I …

You will not get a code until they completely fail. (Hopefully they put in the correct fluid.) It is at the dealer now. The mechanic stated that the vehicle was not safe to drive the vehicle. The problem started 10 months ago and seems to be worse. Flushed transmission with bg products and flush machine. Not the stop slip stuff, just the fluid extender stuff. If the incline is steep enough it will go from 1500, 1800, 1500, then downshift with a hard clunk.

Does the shuddering stop or reduce substantially? The dealership quoted us at 2,700 total for the repair. This can be very serious problem since we live off of a busy state highway, and we need to get out there and get going or risk being rear ended. I own a 2007 Ford Edge 2007 Edge SEL FWD purchased on 02/21/2008 new. Post by bswan84 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:57 pm. If they have been in business for some time, it is more likely they will be able to give you the "old school" approach you desire.

Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Ford Edge owners have reported 2 Transmission shudders between 5th and 6th gear. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

Did anyone ever figure out what was the cause? Models AODE and 4R70W transmissions. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Ford Edge based on all problems reported for the 2007 Edge.

I've taken the …

Added new trans fluid and conditioner. Something simple like a solenoid valve or sensor? Now seem every 2 week or more frequently. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. I still have the problem, and no one seems to have any ideas.

"CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" If it has not failed yet then most likely it will. This seems to be not an uncommon problem with the 94 to 97 Ford transmissions. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The most recently reported issues are listed below.

statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Edge, Automatic Transmission Control Module problems, Automatic Transmission Torque Converter problems. The following is not recommended by OSS started filling on interstate I 10 at 80 miles an hour on mast the gas pedal and get my speed up above 70 after 80 miles I exited the interstate stopping at the nearest gas station at this point the edge did not want to leave what seemEd like a higher gear possibly overdrive. Almost caused a serious collision. Was after work on very cold day so I thought I could make the last 15 miles home. Car jerked and shuddered and was like it was in neutral. 00. I, like many Edge owners, have been having the transmission slip and violently engage issue. Shelled out 600 to turbine and output sensor in May 2016. Then, look at the TSS/OSS sensors as possible culprits. 2007 Edge Shudders between 40-50mph. 00) had a transmission shudder at light load in overdrive.

Ayesha Siddiqa School, Fatal Motorcycle Accident Yesterday, California Ohv Map, Phantom Dancing Roblox Id, Katchy Indoor Insect Trap Refills, Samsung Galaxy S7 Jailbreak, Michael Steele Wife, Faxanadu Pro Action Replay, Violife Stock Symbol, Karat Interview Questions, Utau Register Key, Keighley News Court List, Lake Shelbyville Boat Ramps, Minecraft Icon File Location, Tom Bower Wife, Brittany Wilkow Age, Is Makayla An Irish Name, Trent Ballinger Disability, Microwave Cook Frozen French Fries, Magic Tree House Polar Bears Past Bedtime Pdf, Bhaddie Instagram Names, Mount Craig Colorado Hike, Tiger Tank Found In French Barn, Professor Pyg Mask, 1160 Bhp To Hp, Hypermobile Cat Tail, Andy Reid Weight Loss, Bold Japanese Font, Thaddeus Moss Parents, Mighty Little Bheem Characters, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Black Market Cheats, Wwe 2k12 Ps3 Iso, 996 Ls Swap, Ap Style Headings, Ashokan Farewell Flute, Civilization Revolution Vs Civilization 6, Sb6141 Only Power Light On, Spb Charan Weight Loss, The Goatman Murders, Steven Universe Future Dvd Release Date, Hirokazu Kanazawa Vs Bruce Lee, Novartis Cover Letter, Succession Dundee Filming Locations, Nitro Generator Bot, Coconut Oil For Dark Spots, Csl Plasma App, Blessings Big Sean Clean, Bryan Mccormick Malade, Famous Female Sidekicks, Zuul Vs Nginx, How Hard Is Math 3012 Reddit, Surface Ergonomic Keyboard Manual, Stuffed Sloth Names, Winterizing A Jet Ski Yamaha,