Security of e-account
The Internet is full of scammers, thieves and ponzi schemes, it's sad but it's true and especially in e-commerce businesses. It is true in general, but especially within the e-currency arena.
How to make your e-currency account secure?For example, Pecunix provides a number of methods to make your account secure: passwords, 4-digit PIN, CAPTCHA, and Account details PIK (is used for system settings adjustment) and Payment PIK (for payment confirmation). These are just a few of the security measures that Pecunix has added to keep your value safe and secure within your account.
However nothing works better, than your own due diligence when it comes to security. Always use an anti-virus for safe computing.
Several ways you should practice in your daily e-currency activities to protect your account safe.1. Use Secure Web Browser. We recommend to use Mozilla Firefox browser. Firefox keeps you more secure when you’re browsing the Web, by closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses.
2. Be careful with e-mails and don't open messages from unknown senders. Don't answer such messages. Do not follow the links which you get to your e-mail they may contain viruses which can broke the security of your computer and send to intruders all the information that is necessary to get the access into your account.
3. Don't download unknown programs even if they offer to reinforce the protection of your computer. Such programs may contain malware, adware, viruses, exploits, bots.
4. Don't forget to change your password for system entry as frequently as it is possible.
5. Don't provide your password to the third parties.
6. Keep in mind, e-currency systems never ask you to send your passwords and access codes to them by e-mail.
7. Always update your operating system for the latest system updates to help protect your computer from the latest Internet threats, it's important to install new security updates as soon as they become available. The easiest way to do this is to turn on Automatic Updates and use the recommended setting of downloading recommended updates and installing them on a schedule you set. To turn on Automatic Updates.
8. Use latest versions of firewalls if your computer is not protected when you connect to the Internet, hackers can gain access to personal information on your computer. They can install code on your computer and steal your passwords. A firewall helps to screen out many kinds of malicious Internet traffic before it reaches your system.
9. Use latest version anti-virus programs and Update your antivirus software regularly. The most important is that you keep your computer current with the latest updates and antivirus tools, stay current about recent threats, and that you properly surf the net, downloading files, and opening attachments.
10. Verify website identity before entering passphrase fraudulent "phishing" websites designed to trick you into providing your passphrase or other important information to scammers. Fake e-mail is commonly used to invite victims to phishing websites.
11.Before entering your passphrase at any website, ensure you are at the real website by:
- Checking for an active padlock in the browser status bar.
- Checking the browser location bar for a site name beginning with (exact spelling is critical).
- Checking the SSL certificate being using for appropriate "Issued To", "Issued By", and Thumbprint fields.
12. Create strong and difficult password for your e-currency account, and for any account which connect with your e-currency (such as Unichange account). It means do not put your birthday date or name of favorite city, it should be composition of any symbols, letters and figures not in order. Keep your passwords in security place such as encoded files.
13. Try to remember the way of entering in e-currency account: what is the first, the second and the third steps. For example, when you are entering into Perfect Money account first step : Member ID, Password and captcha.
About security of Internet banking.You should pay attention to security measures while making your transactions. Depending on what browser you use, you'll either see a closed padlock icon or a key icon to demonstrate that security is operating. When security measures are "ON" then your transaction is being encrypted and you can feel quite safe about what you're doing. Most online banks put a lot of effort into ensuring customers that their accounts are safe and protected against any threats, online or offline.
You'll also need the latest version of your operating system. If you run Linux, it's likely that you are on the right way of making your work as safe as it is possible. You should know that Linux is the best choice for e-commerce business and it is a good beginning.
One of the most important safety features available on an online bank account is password protection. Password protection is common amongst all online bank accounts and provides a layer security to ensure that only you can gain access to your account. Passwords should be created only by you.
However when you access your account, make sure that you use a strong password. Never, store an important password in the Password List of your computer. Anybody with a decent knowledge of computing can read stored passwords in a couple of seconds. There exist special programs to crack passwords. The passwords that most people use can be cracked in a few minutes.
Recommendations for creation of secure and strong password:
- Don't use any word that can be found in a regular dictionary.
- Don't use any name (your or your relatives, or your pet nickname).
- If you're allowed to, include several special character (like %?!@#)
- Include several numbers.
- Include several capital letters.
- Don't use any numerals that relate to your birthday or other personal information.
- For ultimate security, use the maximum number of characters allowed.
- Change your password regularly - at least once a month.
Most online banks have even gone one step further than password protection and included security questions in addition to password protection. Security questions can be as simple as answering a private question that is hard for someone to easily find out about you. Security question provides additional personal security step that helps ensure that only the owner of the account can access it.
Online bank accounts are set up to protect the security of your information as much as possible. Online banks ensure the privacy of information you share through your online account and encrypting your information. Encryption is simply a way to scramble your information you share online into a special code that can only be unscrambled by your online bank account. This helps to prevent intruders from stealing your information.
Nowadays a lot of businesses provide their goods and services through the Internet and trying to provide a better way to react their customer as well as online banks do in an effort to provide an easier way for customer to access their bank accounts. Banks also needed to create ways to protect customers against any threats of doing business online, which they have with online security practices such as passwords, security questions and encrypting private information.